A New Day

Your POV~

       I woke up to a loud bang on the door. I groaned and covered my face with the sheets on my bed. 'Someone else can get it.' The sound got louder against the wood. "uggghhhhhh...it's the weekend, come on." I got out of bed and changed into some more 'appropriate' clothes. Who am I kidding, I put on a hoodie. Anyways, I went down the stairs and shuffled to the door.

        As I opened the door, my eyes widened. A girl, my age, with long, chestnut hair and matching eyes stood stunningly in the door way. "Asuna? What are you doing here?" I asked. She smiled and said, "I just wanted to know if we could hang out today." I let her come inside and made some tea. "I haven't seen you in so long!" I exclaimed as I handed her a cup. "We really do see each other in school this year." she said as she took a sip of tea. "Yeah." Then a pause of awkward  silence. "Welllll, I'll go get changed but make yourself comfortable~!" I said as I walked into my room. I changed into a plain, (f/c) long-sleeve v-neck and some skinny jeans. I pulled on my favorite black and white shoes and grabbed my jacket. Just as I was twisting the knob of my bedroom door, I remembered something.

        I went over to my window and pulled back the curtains. "Kirito~! I'm leaving with a friend now so I won't be here today!" I called over to him. He was playing on his laptop and almost dropped it when I started talking. He ruffled his dark hair with his hand and looked over at me. "I thought we were gonna hang out today." he said. I smiled. "I'll be done before tonight. We can hang out then!" He smiled back and waved. "Okay. Well, see you tonight!" I laughed and waved back. Then after pulling the curtain back down, I finally made my way down stairs.

-------------------------------

         After walking around town and talking with Asuna, we arrived back at my house.  Just as we were going to enter though the door way, Kirito called my name. He came over but stopped and stared at Asuna, Asuna staring back at him. I felt something in my chest when I saw this happen but I ignored it. 'Probably nothing.' Then Kirito went up to Asuna and introduced himself. "H-Hi, I'm Kirigaya Kazuto." he stuttered, pink dusting his cheeks. Another weird feeling. "Hello, I'm Asuna." she replied in her cute voice. "Do you guys want to come inside?" I asked, opening the door. They nodded but Kirito let Asuna enter before him. What a gentlemen. They started talkingto each other, completely ignoring me. I just sat awkwardly on the couch, waiting for my turn to speak. No chances came though so I just watched T.V. and sat quietly on the couch.

          After about 20 minutes of Kirito and Asuna talking, I finally got up and went to the kitchen to make something for everyone to eat. It was a better idea than listening to them chat to one another. I sighed as I made sandwiches, purposely taking my time. I sighed as once again, a pain hit me as I saw that they were sitting closer and still talking. I set down the plate and sat down in my chair. 'Glad their getting along...I guess I'm a third wheel.' I thought. Kirito never talked to anyone else this much, except for me. It made me feel weird seeing them like this. I tried not to think about it but my mind wondered back to the same question. 'Could they already like each other...?'