Jealous?

Your POV~

        I spotted raven-colored hair and raced towards it. "Kirigaya Kazuto! Why did you abandon me this morning?" I questioned, arms crossed. He ruffled his hair and replied, "I'm sorry (y/n). I forgot." I placed my hands on my hips and glared at him. "You forgot about me?" I asked, a burst of pain exploded inside me. His eyes widened and he shook his hands. "No! I mean, I walked with Asuna today..." he said. Okay now multiply that pain by 6. Yeah, it hurt. "Since when are you and Asuna buddies?" I questioned, bitterness present in my voice. Now I could see him blushing. "..." We just stood in the hallway, I was waiting for an answer, my foot tapping on the ground. After about a minute, I walked past him, muttering, "I'm gonna be late for class."

         Unfortunately, we were in the same class so the whole time, I could see Kirito looking back at me. 'Just ignore him. You're angry with him.' I told myself. Though I desperately wanted to talk to him. "Finish this sheet with a partner." my math teacher said. I instantly looked over at Kirito and opened my mouth to call out to him. 'NO! I can't talk to him.' I thought and looked around the classroom for anyone else i could work with. 'Why do I have to be such an introvert." I cursed at myself for not really talking to anyone else in the class except for Kirito. Someone sat beside me. "Trying to replace me, huh?" Kirito asked, smirking.

        I glared at him and started working on the problems. "(Y/n)~" he tried, nudging me. I swatted his arm and continued working on the next problem, not even looking at him. "Gonna ignore me now~?" he asked, grinning. "Let's see how long that lasts." Now I was determined but with him asking for help and telling me jokes, it was the worst kind of torture. "Hey, (y/n). Are you jealous of Asuna~?" he questioned. This time, I turned towards him and looked him dead in the eyes. I couldn't stand it any more. "Of course not!" I told him. 'But am I really? Could I be jealous of Asuna? Why would I be jealous?' I wondered. He saw this look on my face and smiled. "You totally are!" he exclaimed. "Why would I be jealous of her?" I questioned, solving the next problem. "Maybe you're in love with me~" Kirito smirked at me, pink dusting his cheeks. "In your dreams." I mumbled and looked down at my paper, trying desperately to hide my on-coming blush. 'Wait, why am I blushing?' I wondered. He went quiet for a moment, like he was thinking. Then he opened his mouth to say something but the teacher interupted him saying, "Okay, if you didn't finish the sheet, it's homework. Class dismissed." I had just finished writing the answer to the last problem. "What?!" I looked over and saw that Kirito had only the first 4 problems done. I smirked at him and then went to my locker to pack up.

Kirito's POV~

          'In your dreams.' is what (y/n) had said when I said she might be in love with me. It was just a quick remark, I knew that, but was it the truth? Why did it hurt so bad? 'Do I love (y/n)?' Asuna flashed across my mind. 'Or do I love Asuna?' I was so absorbed with my thoughts that I ran into (y/n) as  she was packing up her backpack. As I fell on the ground, a breeze made her skirt fly up ever so slightly. 'Wait, I can't look!' I thought as I felt my face grow hot. I sat on the ground and looked at (y/n). She was holding her skirt, wide eyed, face red. My hand was covering my eyes. I looked through my fingers at her blushing face, not really covering up my own blush. She looked at me then at the ground then back at me meaning, 'Did you see?'. My eyes grew wide and I shook my hands at her. "N-No!" I said. She lightly punched my arm then helped me up. Our faces still red, we walked to our houses together.

           I entered my bedroom and fell onto my bed. (Y/n) and Asuna were swirling around in my mind. (Y/n) or Asuna. The answer shouldn't be hard but I couldn't choose. I sat up and looked over at my wall. Something caught my eye. It was a picture of (Y/n) and I over summer break. She was wearing a white t-shirt and jean shorts. I was wearing a black shirt and basket ball shorts. We had been telling jokes to each other in the park and I took a picture while (y/n) couldn't stop me. She really hated pictures. Why though? Did she think she wasn't pretty? If that was it, I could prove that wrong in an instant. She really is beautiful. I looked back at the picture, remembering that day. I looked at (y/n) laughing and smiled. The choice wasn't hard. So why was I so confused on who to pick. My best friend or her friend?

           Just then, a paper air plane landed next to me from my open window. I unfolded it and looked down. It was the answers and work for the math homework. There was a note on it:

           'I know you'll either not do it or get stuck so here you go. Also, why are you looking at a picture? It better not be that one from summer break. You told me you erased that!' >:/  -(Y/n) :P

            I smiled as I finished reading the note. 'How did she know?' I smirked and looked out of my window. I couldn't see her there but I knew she was in her room. "Thank you (Y/n)~!" I called. "And yeah, it was the picture from summer break~!" (Y/n) finally came into view and had her hands on her hips. "You promised me that you deleted that!!" she yelled. "But (y/n)~" I chuckled as she pouted, blushing faintly. It really wasn't a hard choice. So why was I still deciding?