Mistletoe

Your POV~

     I woke up and got ready, a smile on my face. As I was putting on my jacket I heard someone call my name. I looked out my window and saw Kirito waving at me. "I'll meet you outside!" he said. "Okay!" I smiled and exited the house.

     After Kirito came to meet me on the sidewalk, we went to town. We were talking and laughing as we passed the shops, lights sparkling around us. I caught a glimpse of chestnut hair and knew the day had become instantly worse. "Hi (y/n)!" Asuna called. "Hello Kazuto!" she waved over to us. I forced a smile and waved back. 'Why?!' I wondered. She walked over and started talking with Kirito. I looked away from them and started walking in silence, adverting my gaze. I already knew my day with Kirito was over.

Kirito's POV~

      I was talking with Asuna but I didn't hear (y/n) say anything. I looked over and saw that she looking the other way, farther away than she was before Asuna showed up. I nudged her arm and when she looked over, I smiled. She looked shocked for a brief moment and looked away again. I nudged her once more. "What's wrong (y/n)?" I asked. "Oh. Nothing's wrong." she replied. Then Asuna started talking again and I saw (y/n) advert her gaze from me. 'Is (y/n) okay?' I wondered.

Your POV~

      I heard a phone buzz and looked over. Asuna looked at her phone and turned towards us. "Sorry but I have to go." Asuna told us. "See you two later!" she smiled. 'Have I been blessed on this day?!' I thought. Asuna kissed Kirito on the cheek and then ran off. I saw Kirito smile and blush. 'Guess I've been cursed.' I felt that annoying pain jab into my heart. I felt something well up in my eyes. I know it was stupid to cry over something so minor like this but I loved Kirito too and seeing him have feelings for someone else killed me. I looked away and quickly wiped my eye. I started walking a bit faster. I didn't want him to see me get upset about something so childish. Especially when it was about him.

      (Y/n)?" Kirito called. He caught up with me and looked over. "Tell me what's wrong." he said. I kept my head low but forced a smile and looked up at him. "What do you mean? I'm fine." I told him, my voice caught as I finished saying 'fine'. I cursed at myself under my breath. Kirito looked at me concerned but smiled. "I know that's not true (y/n). Please tell me." I walked a bit farther from him again. He ran up and grabbed my shoulder. "(Y/n)..." he said. I felt my eyes grow wet again. Though this time I didn't wipe the tears. I kept my head down so he couldn't see. He was silent for a minute so as curiosity spread through me, I started to look up.

      Kirito was blushing and looking into my (e/c) eyes. I stared back into his dark eyes, puzzled. Why was he blushing? He started leaning towards me. "K-Kirito?" I asked. I started looking around until I glanced up. Tied to a lamp post was a small bunch of berries and spiked leaves. Mistletoe was hanging above our heads. I felt my face grow hot and turned my attention back towards Kirito. He was so close to my face, both of our faces red. Then his lips touched mine. They were so soft and sweet. My eyes grew wide with shock but soon I accepted the kiss, a dream becoming reality. I kissed back and he wrapped his arms around my waist. I could faintly hear bells ringing and Christmas carols in the background.

Kirito's POV~

      After what seemed like forever, we pulled away from each other. I smiled when I looked at (y/n)'s red face. My face was probably the same though. We looked at each other for a while until (y/n) adverted her gaze and wiped her tears. "S-so...what do you wanna do?" she stuttered. I started to chuckle and (y/n) looked over at me, embarrassed. "W-What?" she questioned. "Merry Christmas (y/n)!" I told her. She smiled at me and said, "Merry Christmas Kirito!"

      For the rest of the day, we continued walking around town. We laughed and smiled all day, not interrupted by anything. As we made our way back to our houses and waved good bye, I went up to my room and laid down on my bed. I remembered the kiss that (y/n) and I had shared and felt blush creep onto my cheeks. I had decided. (Y/n) was the one. But deep inside I faintly remembered how I had felt when Asuna kissed my cheek. I placed my hand over my face and debated with myself for the rest of the night. Though I still knew the answer. I had chosen (y/n).