Tommy boy

"Stop."

"Just take it off, Wright. The faster we do this, the better."

"Well, I don't want to do this."

"Why do you have to act like a child every time?"

"I am a child. Everyone is not a crusty grandfather like you!"

"What have I told you about calling me names, Wright."

"I don't care! Now leave me alone, you freak!"

"It is my duty as your tutor to-"

"Oh please. Stop feeding me your bullsh*t. I can see right through you, Riddle."

"Such foul words are not appropriate for a lady."

"Well suck my-"

Maybelle was cut off by Riddle when he slammed his hand on the table. It trembled with the force as the room echoed the loud bang.

"How dare you? Do you even have the slightest idea of what I can do to you right now?

I can become your worst nightmare, Wright. Just because I have been patient with you, does not mean that I won't do anything at all.

You keep testing my limits every time. You always leave me confused. You are trying to play with my mind. But believe me, when I say this, I am a lot more capable than I tend to show. You do not want to find out the extent of my powers."

To be honest, Maybelle was kind of fangirling inside. She just witnessed an evil villain monologue, first-hand.

On the other hand, seeing Tom up so close, she could finally take in the small details on his face. There was no doubt that he was handsome. His cheeks appeared a bit red due to all the screaming and shouting. His soft pink lips were parted, drawing in heavy breaths.

His hair fell on his eyes as he leaned down towards her sitting form. His pools of dark orbs stared into her own brown ones.

They were stuck in Dumbledore's detention. Tom had taken that opportunity to ask her about those injuries. Well, ask was not the proper word to describe it. It was more like forcing her to take off her robes.

Not so much of a gentleman after all.

Maybelle didn't know what came upon her. But she stupidly reached out and brushed the strands of curly raven hair out of his eyes. Tom looked unfazed. She did too. It was as if both of them were so lost in their own thoughts that none of them registered what had happened.

"I don't understand..." Maybelle whispered under her breath.

"That is not something out of the ordinary," Tom breathed out.

Maybelle ignored his insult.

"Why do you want to see my wounds. The last time I checked, we were not that close. So, what changed that?"

"Do not make wrong assumptions, Wright. I am only curious," Tom said regaining his composure. He straightened up and ran his fingers through his raven locks.

"Well, curiosity killed the cat," Maybelle said with a shrug. Tom regarded her with a frown.

"Well, I am nowhere near being a cat. So, I do not see a problem there," he sounded quite offended.

Maybelle pulled at her hair and dragged her hands down her face in frustration.

"That's not what I...you were not supposed to take it literally," she groaned.

It was so tough to communicate with people. She always meant one thing and the person would just take it in a whole other way. She was also getting quite annoyed with Tom's non-stop pestering. He didn't know when to put a full stop.