Chapter 7- Excruciatingly long minutes

Start from the beginning

    The newest and freshest trouble was now in town.

The blinds of the car prevents the hawkish eyes of the students from seeing the occupants of the vehicle.

Eric turns to take a last look at his priceless girlfriend with her hand still in his.

" Do you have to go?" He asks rhetorically.

" Says Aunt Louisa. She says I need to attend an African school so I am tamed to become less 'arrogant' and less 'repulsive.' Her words not mine." She mumbles with an eye roll.

" Okay...so I'm guessing I'll have to let go. I'll be watching you anyway ." He assures her and gives her a tender peck on the cheek, " And take care of her too." He adds as he kisses her slightly bulged tummy.

" Of course, I'm just wondering if I will be able to pull this off successfully."

" I know you Becca, you can make the most certain things seem like vanity. You've got this." He assures her and she turns to take a final look at the school she was being enrolled in from her window.

" This place is already giving me the creeps, I mean look at the uniformity and goody-two-shoe way the students look. Honestly, Louisa might as well have given me off to a Catholic Church." She observes and Eric chuckles.

" Relax, this is a better option to being in a convent as she had previously opted."

" You're right, I'll get your backpack from the trunk." He offers and opens his door.

He causes much of a stare because of his tousled curly jet black hair. To be honest, he was the kind of guy any girl would want to paste a poster of in their room. He had the height, the striking grey eyes and hair and could rock any clothing you throw at him. In this instance, he was in a baggy black longsleeved T-shirt, oved dark grey pants and matching dark grey Timberlands  He was much lighter skinned though because he was Egyptian by birth.

" I am still wondering how my backpack ended up in your trunk." She mutters and opens her door also and steps out, catching every guy's eye in the process.

Kobby finally found his rival, a girl who was rocking the school's uniform making it look less disheartening than it looked.

She had long dark hair that was held with a navy blue ribbon in a high ponytail. She looked exceptional in her black Mary Jane's and knee-highs and the way she carried herself sent a clear signals to everyone. She wasn't one to be messed with.

She had the same complexion as Eric, just a slightly darker because her mom was fully Ghanaian.

" It was Louisa, she was too drunk this morning." He replies and opens his trunk and fetches her backpack for her.

" I think she hates me." She declares out of the blue.

" On the contrary, and that was why she wasn't sober when you where leaving so that when she reveals her emotions to you she can blame it all on the scotch." He assures her.

" I prefer her sober self because all the things she said to me this morning sounded as if she was faking."

" Don't think about it too much, she cares. Your stuff are already in your dorm so all you'll need is this." He hands her her credit card. She takes her backpack from him and heads towards the crowd but he swiftly pulls her back into a warm hug.

" No PDA, Eric. See you." She warns as he embraces her.

" I love you." He states firmly before letting her go.

" Love you too. And remember to visit." She smiles back at him and he returns the smile and gets back into his car.

" I hope she's in Manhattan, cause we really need someone who can tell Asare off. And she's gonna be the best person." Veronica whispers to Ciarra.