17- last time

"Do you have feelings for me " I asked him

He froze

My heart started beating so fast.

"Simon I am talking to you. Do you have feelings for me " I asked waiting for him to say that this was a prank.

But I stopped breathing when he nodded

I gulped

He looked at the steering wheel. He did not move neither did I. I couldn't digest what he just responded.

"The first time I met you I thought you were after me for money. You hid the fact that I took drugs by myself and said to my parents that I was forced to it. Then dad handing me over the business I thought you would surrender but you didn't. And when I came and asked you . You ....slapped me. Eli no one has stayed with me. I have never found real humans in my entire life ......... being born and brought up in a rich family has its consequences. People do not love you for who you are but only our fame and money. But you weren't like that "

He stopped.

He threw his coat behind
And rolled up his sleeves

"I have never ever found a human who stayed back after I said all about me even the fact that I hate doing the business. You didn't leave. And without even knowing myslef I fell hard on you. So hard. I couldn't stop or resist myself. I knew you bad a bitter past and hence you did not wanna be in a relationship anymore. I kept on forcing my mind to stop that feeling but no matter what I did the love for you grew. I used to get angry when you talked to other guys. I wanted them out of the company but I stopped myself because you wouldn't like it"
All the facts that came out of his mouth paused my breathing.

I could not believe my ears

Could this be a dream
I wish!

I heard him take a long breath

"Eli I....... I know I am talking bullshit now but I already did fall for you."

"Open the car door " I said coldly
My breathing was becoming hard.

He held me hand and I tried to wiggle out but he had quite a strong hold

"Simon don't anger me "

I really need to wake up from the nightmare. Why can't this be a dream

"Don't l-leave me " he said almost cracking

I looked at him

I couldn't believe what I saw.
He was crying

"Simon you you are crying "

"I don't care . Please don't leave me . I will try everything to fucking throw these feelings '' my heart just got hit with millions of arrows.

Unknowingly my eyes turned watery

"How actually!? How !!! Simon do you realise what you have just told me right now. Do you fucking realise. Do you think that things would become normal. I am a human being Simon. Shit " I held my head on my hands.

"Simon leave me please. I can't breathe in this car ,try to understand me please "

"I will drop you home." He gulped and drove away from the ball.

I could not look at his face after all this.
I looked out of the window.

It was raining.

I wish all these could be washed away in the rain. I kept on staring at the now dark sky and even forgot to blink.

"I am trying to move on " I heard after a huge silence.
And that's when I realised that we have reached my apartment

And I also knew that I couldn't get out until he opened it for me.

I just sat still.

"Do you remember that I completely ignored you and your phone calls " he said suddenly

"Hmm for a month " I said whispering
I had no energy to talk

"It was my grandmother's advice and you know it did work. A process of trying to forget my feeling for you. But it came to a huge loss when that fucking Xavier came back " I just kept looking straight.

I did not make any attempt to start a conversation.

My car door was opened.

I did not turn back and just walked.

Not before hearing
"Will this be the last time I see you?" It dropped me.

But I gathered some courage and walked home.