confessions

Zayn spent the night at the hospital, he couldn't sleep in the room with Liam, but he slept in the waiting room. Around 9 am a doctor walked out of the door, "Mr. Malik?"

Zayn stands up and walks towards the doctor.

"He's awake."

Those were the words Zayn had waiting to hear all night.

As he walks into the room Liam is sitting up watching tv.

"Liam?"

He looks horrible, hooked up to wires.

"Zayn, what are you doing here, why am I here?"

"You...you got into a car crash. You don't remember that?"

"No. I ...I remember getting home and then I was about to go to bed, but I didn't because my feelings got the best of me. I went to a bar."

"You got drunk?"

"I guess, I don't really remember what happened after that."

"Liam, I'm so sorry. This is all my fault."

"It's not your fault, I'm the one who got drunk."

"But I'm the one who broke up with you for the dumbest reason ever."

"What was the reason? You never told me."

"I was scared Liam, I've never been in love with someone. I got scared of my feelings for you and I didn't know what to do so I broke it off. I was acting so stupid."

"You're in love with me?"

"Of course I am Liam, how could I not be?"

Zayn walks over to Liam and bends down to pull him into a big hug, being careful, trying not to hurt him.

****

Soon all the lads were at the hospital again with Liam. He said he was feeling better, but it didn't look like it. They sat and talked until Liam fell asleep. Luke talked Zayn into going back to his flat to sleep tonight. It's was around 6pm now.

Harry and Louis got back into Louis' car.

"So Haz, what do you want for dinner?"

"I don't really care, you can pick." Harry shrugs his shoulders.

"You're really gonna make me choose?"

"Yup. It's completely up to you."

Louis ends up driving them to pizza place. You can never go wrong with pizza.

"Do you wanna go eat inside or take it to go?"

"I don't really wanna go back to my flat yet, so let's eat here."

"Okay." Louis smiles because even though he never asked, they are basically going on a date.

Once they get to the table Harry looks straight at his phone.

"Waiting for someone to text you?"

"No. Sorry."

"Haz," Louis puts his hand on top of Harry's, "Don't worry so much about Liam, he is awake now. He's okay."

"I know, I just I feel like I should have checked on him in the morning."

"Harry I was there too, I didn't either. It's not your fault nor mine."

Louis just smiles at Harry and he gives a pity smile back. The waiter comes over.

"What could I get you to drink?"