Chapter 11: Work

A/N
Thank you all so much for 150 reads. that's 150 more than I expected. Anyway here's chapter 11
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

*** Jezebel's POV ***

"Okay Nadya, thank you." The nurse said as she took the needle out Nadya's arm.

"No problem." She smiled, "It's nothing I'm not used to."

The nurse's smile quickly dropped and she rushed out of the room. Nadya laughs as the door hits the nurse as she tries to get out as fast as possible.

"I love making people uncomfortable." She laughed again leaning.

"Well you're very good at it." I smiled as I sat down next to her.

"So what are you going to wear on your date with Harry tonight?" She said, grinning.

"I don't know. He won't tell me wear we're going." I said smiling at the thought of Harry and his antics. A knock sounded at the door. The same nurse poked her head back.

"Um, the doctor wants to speak with you, Ms. Clark." She said, eyeing Nadya warily. Nadya smiles at her and the color drains from the nurse's face. I laughed.

"I'll be right there." I said. I turned to Nadya.

"Try not to give any nurses heart attacks while I'm gone."

"No promises." She smiled and winked at me.

I shook my head as I walked out of the room. The doctor walked up to me with a sober look on her face and my smile quickly faded.

"Hello my name is Dr. Melody Rivers, I'm your friend's attending physician." She said.

"It's nice to meet you in real life." I said. "I'm Jezebel Clark."

"Well Ms. Clark-"

"Please, just call me Jezebel." I said, interrupting her. She smiled quickly at me.

"Well Jezebel, we ran your friend's blood to check to see how she's reacting to the experimental drug." She said.

"Okay. So what were the results?" I asked, wary of her answer.

"Well," She hesitated, "Nadya seems to be reacting quite badly."

"What do you mean badly?" I asked, "She has been the best she's been in along time."

"I believe that she is going through her wellness period." Dr. Rivers said, quietly. "A wellness period is when a patient seems to be recovering and-"

I held up my hand cutting her off.

"I know what a wellness period is." I said.

"The cancer cells are multiplying quickly." She hesitated again. "I suggest that you start making preparations."

"No." I said. "I did not move over 3,000 miles to watch her die here." I turned around.

"I suggest you find another drug for us to try." I said quickly.

"Jezebel!" Dr. Rivers yelled chasing after me.

"There is one other drug we could try, but I want you to know that this drug has a 1% chance of survival." She said.

"That's better than zero isn't it." I replied.

"Okay. I'll order the drug but a word of warning it is £12,000 per bottle."

"£12,000?! That's insane!" I shouted.

"Can you afford it Jezebel?" She asked.

"Yes." I think about the boys. There's no way they are paying all of that, I'll pay half. I won't take advantage of their money.

"Okay then." She nods. "You can go home." She starts to walk away.

"Wait. One thing before you go, Jezebel." The doctor calls. "The likelihood of saving her are slim to none. When she dies," I open my mouth to object but she holds up her hand to stop me.

"When she dies, make sure you have someone to save you." With that lovely statement the good doctor walks away.

I sigh and walk back to the room. I don't need to be saved, she does.

"Okie dokie, artichokie. Time to go." I said when I walk into her room.

"Can we go?" She asked, excitedly and jumping off the table.

"Yup." I responded. As we walk out of the hospital, Nadya asked me,

"What did the doctor want to talk to you about?"

"Nothing much, she wants to try you on a new drug because the current one wasn't helping much." I said, nonchalantly.

"Okay." She said, frowning. "Jezzie, when I die-"

I cut her off quickly.

"You are not going to die." I said, forcefully.

"Yes I am." She sighed. "Eventually, anyway. Any way Jezzie, I just wanted to thank you for trying to save me. When I die, please let someone save you."

That was the second time someone had said that to me in the last half an hour. Did I really need saving?