Chapter 6: Wrong

***Jezebel's POV***

We continued to laugh and joke with the boys as we walked around the mall. Jasmine and I once again exchanged glances as Zayn found another excuse to touch or be close to Nadya in any way that he could.
"Hey Jezzie," I heard Nadya say, "I don't......" She started to say as she passed out.
"Nady, you'll be fine." I say to her unconscious body. I move quickly as I open my huge purse and pull out an IV bag and slip the needle under her skin. This unfortunately isn't the first time I've had to deal with this. I look up at the boys, who have confused and worried looks on their faces. Jasmine looks unsurprised but still concerned.
"Boys can one of you help me carry her out?" Zayn doesn't even let me finish before he has her scooped up in his arms.
"We need to go home now." I say. They all nod.
-
Once we are home, I have Zayn lay Nadya down in her room. I hook her up to all of gear and close the door softly and go out to meet the boys. When I walk out, Jasmine immediately hands me a cup of tea and I nod my thanks. I sit down on one of our squishy chairs and curl my feet up underneath me.

The room is perfectly silent until Harry finally breaks it.

"What's wrong with her?" He asks.

"Nothing big." I say looking into my mug and swirling my tea around.

"Bullshit." Zayn suddenly says.

"Excuse me?!" I say as my head snaps up to look at him.

"I carried her. I felt how insanely light she was." He tells me softly.

"You guys sure you want to know?" I ask. They all nod their heads. I take a deep breath.

"Let me start for the beginning. I am her legal guardian. I am just about a year older than her. When I was 14, my dad killed my mother and attempted to kill me." I glance up at them and their appalled faces. I look back down and continue, "He didn't know however that my mother and I had been taking karate lessons for about four years at that point. We were both black belts." I say smiling at the memory. "I was always much stronger and faster than her though. I was asleep when he killed my mother. Her final scream had woken me up." I swallow back tears. Telling this story never gets easier. "He came to attack me but I knocked him out. I called the police and they arrested him. He will now be in jail for the rest of his life. No one would take me in but the Felkers. They took me in and we were a family for about 3 years. Two days after my eighteenth birthday, everyone but Nadya and I went out to get ice cream. They got into a terrible car crash and it killed all of them." I feel the tears start to leak down my face.
"We were alone Nadya had no who would take us in but her parents had left us a ton and the money my mom had left me made it easier. We continued to live I their house but Nadya needed a guardian since she was still under eighteen so I stepped up. About a month later even more bad news came to us." I take a deep breath.

"Nadya had cancer."
~~~~~
***Harry's POV***

This girl in front of me has been through every form of hell imaginable.

"She has an incredibly rare form of cancer called Angioimmunoblastic lymphoma. It is incredibly aggressive and has about a 4% chance of survival. We ran out of treatment options in the U.S. so we moved here. The treatments are really expensive and the money we have is running out. I work 4 jobs I order to pay for everything we need. She thinks we have plenty of money and that I only work one job as a waitress." She smiles sadly at this. I can't believe how much this girl has sacrificed.
"Its still not enough though." She sighs and leans back.

"Jezebel, you don't have to go through this alone now. Let us pay for bills." I tell her with sincerity lacing my voice.

"I can't let you guys do that. She's my responsibility." She says stubbornly.

"Please, Jezebel. Just let us help." Zayn says softly. She sighs.

"Alright. Just don't tell her."

"We won't." Liam tells her.

"Boys, we have to go." Liam says. Always Daddy Direction. We all get up and Jezebel follows us to the door. All of the boys file out with me last. She leans up against the edge of the door.

"Thank you for everything, guys." She smiles tiredly.

"Of course Jezebel." I smile back at her.

"You can call me Jezzie, Harry." She says to me as she closes the door.

"Okay Jezzie." I whisper to the closed door.