Second Chances?

"I'm sorry, everyone," Canada guiltily apologised the next morning. "I caused... a lot of trouble, eh?" He sat next to Russia and CCCP at the breakfast table, something that did not go unnoticed by China.

      He didn't say anything, just tilted his head to the side. Due to the way that he kept his eyes, Y/N couldn't decipher what he was thinking. Even if she could see them, she still doubted that she could.

      "I'm especially sorry to you, Korea." The Canadian guiltily dipped his head to the republic. "I'm a horrible guest."

    "Don't worry about it," Korea huffed. "You just apologised, which puts you higher than any of these other degenerates. Except you, CCCP." He glared at the republics and China.

     "We're not counted in that, right?" Hae asked.

     "No. You live here." Korea looked at Y/N. "That goes for you, too."

    "Thank you." Y/N saluted.

    "I take it back- you're all degenerates." Korea glowered.

      "Oi, what did we do?" South Pyongan protested.

      "What haven't you done? I'm sure that the more sessions I have, the more of your trespasses I'll remember."

       "I'll be sure to look forwards to it," the Provincehuman said cheerfully. "I can take notes, and we can compare on how the Reunification has changed your lectures."

    Korea leaned forward, flicking her on the forehead.

     "Ow," his province complained, rubbing her brow. "Remind me why I sit next to you again?"

     "To stay out of trouble," Korea growled. "Not that it works."

     After breakfast was another war meeting, during which they all learned some disquieting news.

      "America has been reported to have left Washington?" CCCP asked.

     China nodded. "That's what my contacts say. No one knows where he is."

     "If I catch him anywhere near my shores, him and his people are fish-food," Nipponia snarled.

      "Same goes for me." Russia pounded his fist into his hand. "If he touches any of you, he's dead meat."

     "He's not... coming here, is he?" Y/N asked nervously.

    "He might be," China said. "What?" He looked at Korea, who was glaring fiercely at him. "He might be."

    "We'll be fine," Korea sighed. "He doesn't know that we're here, so he still has no excuse to attack Pyongyang personally."

     "Aside from that," CCCP said. "We have an army large enough to repel him, if need be."

      "We?"

      Everyone's eyes were drawn to China, sitting at the far end of the table. He had his head resting on his clasped hands, eyebrows raised.

     "Yes, we." CCCP narrowed his eyes at the country. "Is there something that you would like to say, China?" A dangerous edge lurked under his voice.

       "Only that I think that you're forgetting who has the real power." China opened his eyes, dropping his smile to use an equally sharp tone. "You may have some European and Asian countries, but I have almost all of Africa and South America on my side. And my own army is the largest in the world. You would do well to remember that."

      CCCP stood, a dangerous aura crackling around him. Suddenly, Y/N could see why Ukraina was so afraid of him. "Are we going to have a problem, son?"