Chapter Twenty Five: Trust

Amaya's POV

"Welcome to the couple team girlfriend!" Harper shouted out, happily.
When Christian and I heard Harper's voice, we both came out of our la la land and awkwardly put a little distance between us. Emphasis on little. Because we still were pretty much glued together.

"Goodbye single life!" I replied equally excited and Harper pulled me in for a hug and we both jumped around for about five minutes straight.

"We have another surprise for you," said Adrien.

"Where is it?!" I asked excitedly and looked around for the surprise by myself, hoping it would randomly pop up, when he didn't respond immediately.

"Calm down! For that surprise, we will have to go home." Adrien laughed at my expense.

"Let's go quickly then!" Saying this, I pulled Adrien and almost sprinted home. I heard Harper and Jared laughing at my antics but I was way more excited than to worry about that.

~†~

"There's nothing here," I pouted at Adrien and in response, he closed my eyes using his hands and before I could protest, I was blindfolded by a soft cloth. "What's happening?" I asked a little bit scared.

"Relax and just let me take you," is all Adrien said before carefully taking me somewhere.

"My doll," I gasped out loudly as soon as I heard that voice. I quickly pulled the blindfold and ran towards the figure and hugged them tight, "Mom, dad! I missed you guys so much." I said with tears pouring out of my eyes like a waterfall.

"My baby is all grown up now," said mom teary eyed and joined in the hug.

"Mom no crying. It's a joyous occasion." I mumbled --though I was crying as well-- and tightly hugged her and buried my head in my dad's chest. I finally felt at home and safe. I pulled myself a little bit out of the hug and wiped mom's tears because they seemed to not listen to her. I smiled at them and said, "I'm so happy that you guys are home!"

Harper, who was by my side the entire time, excused herself seeing how this became a private moment, and went to her dad who was on call with someone.

"I am too baby," saying this, mom kissed me on my forehead and continued, "I'm so happy that Christian and you decided to take your friendship to the next step."

I grinned at that and said, "I know right! When I look back now, I wonder why him or I never took that step like we've known each other for so long, we like our company, we trust and respect each other and I love him a lot." I whispered the last part and shyly looked at my mom and dad. This was the first time I had accepted that I love him.

"Peter did you hear that! Our baby is in love," mom told dad excitedly.

"Mhm I did," he smiled at me and continued, "I'm so sorry for not coming back home sooner doll."

"It's okay dad, I'm just glad that you are home now." As soon as I said that, I remembered the present that I got for them. "Hold on a second, I have something for you guys!" Saying this, I quickly ran to my room without waiting for their response. I opened my bedside drawer and carefully removed the memory box I made for them. After taking a few deep breaths, I went back.

"Mom, dad, a little welcome home present." With that I became a nervous wreck. What if they don't like the present? Or what if they were expecting much more from me? What if-

"This is amazing baby and the perfect welcome home present, we really loved it a lot!" Dad said teary eyed and mom nodded to show that she agreed as well.