Chapter Twenty Eight: The Detective

This is how I imagine my detective to look like 😉

~†~

Third person's POV

Amaya and Christian after having their breakfast quickly got dressed up and booked an appointment with the detective. And to Amaya's surprise, they got the 11 O'clock slot which they wanted.

"Who are we going to visit Chris?" Asked a very nervous Amaya. She kept playing with her fingers and ever so often looked outside the window of the moving car. A nervous habit of Amaya which Christian found cute.

Christian without moving his eyes from the road took Amaya's hand in his and gently squeezed it to relax her. 

"Her name is Laura but she prefers to be called Detective Tessa and that's her official name."

Upon hearing that, Amaya got curious and of course her curiosity got the best of her and she asked, "how come you know her other name then?"

"She's a close friend." Was all he said and before Amaya could ask more, they had already reached the office which left no room for discussion but it didn't help Amaya's case as she got more and more curious and somewhat felt timid to meet this supposed close friend of Christian.

~†~★~†~

"Detective Tessa, 11 O'clock slot." Said Christian to the receptionist who suddenly had a lot of interest in talking with them.

"Well hello there pretty." As soon as Amaya heard this, she was barely able to contain her laughter for this was the first time she had heard a man being called pretty. "How may I help you?" The receptionist had continued without minding Amaya who according to her, looked like she was constipated. 

Amaya didn't pay much heed to their conversation as she found it rather funny but when she saw the receptionist exposing her “fake boobs” and sneakily trying to get Christian's number. She couldn't help her jealousy and side hugged Christian, "what's taking so long babe?" And she ensured to kiss him extremely close to his lips to pass a message to the receptionist that clear as day screamed that Christian was hers and no one is allowed to come in between.

And sure enough, the receptionist grumpily backed off and told them to go to the twentieth floor.

"Thank you so much kind lady," Amaya said triumphantly and proceeded hand in hand with Christian on their way to the elevator.

"Did you see her face?!" Laughed out Amaya.

"That was epic babe! I wish I had recorded it, Adrien and Jared would have had a field day with it," Christian had said with a chuckle.

"I know right!" Said with Amaya, still unable to control her laughter. 

And in no time, they had reached the twentieth floor and there was yet another reception area, much to Amaya's dismay. She didn't want a repeat of what had happened on the ground floor.

"Christian! Long time," saying this, the receptionist moved out of her desk and hugged Christian. 
Amaya, on the contrary, was peculiar about the situation. 

"Jade! Indeed. How have you been?" Replied Christian, returning the hug.

"I've been working to distract myself and then work became my habit. And no later, I found myself enjoying it." Mumbled out Jade. 

With a sigh, "it's all gonna be okay." Christian had said and continued with a whisper, "Is she in?" 

"She is, but be careful. She's been spitting out fire." Said Jade with a giggle.