Chapter Seventeen: Confused

Amaya's POV

There was a lot of commotion that I could hear coming from outside but I couldn't comprehend anything they were saying and Christian, before I could say something, whispered, "stay calm Amaya and it's better to just be down here. Don't worry everything will be alright soon."
His voice sounded so painful though he tried so hard to hide it from me which had me thinking if he's alright or not. He just shook his head when I tried to ask him and gave me a reassuring smile.

After a while, everything seemed to calm down and there was a pin drop silence which scared me as I couldn't even hear Christian's groans.

Panicked, I sat upright and checked Christian's pulse which was eerily low.

"Christian? Hey? Please wake up." I said while slightly shaking his shoulders.

I was getting scared. Scared that I might lose him. I couldn't afford to lose him not after I-

"Amaya? Christian? Why is Christian lying down?" I suddenly heard Harper's confused voice which brought an instant relief to me as I felt lost.

"Harper! Please help me out. Christian, he refuses to wake up." I cried out to Harper in hopes that she would know what to do better.

"Oh God!" Gasped out Harper, "What just happened here?" And rushed towards me when she saw my panic stricken face.

"I- I don't know Harper. M-me and chri-christian were talking and s-suddenly Christian pulled me aside, he refuses to wake up Harper! I've been trying for long." I said while hiccuping.

"Oh Amaya." Harper engulfed me in her protective arms and made me feel calm, "Calm down. Let me cal-"

"Amaya?!" I heard the frantic voice of Adrien? What's he doing here?

"In the lounge area." Called out Harper as I didn't even have the energy to speak any further.

I heard the pounding of Adrien's footsteps as he came closer to me. He looked so scared but as soon as he saw my face, instant relief crossed and he visibly sighed out.
He slowed down his pace and kneeled down next to Harper, whom I had held onto for dear life. He gently pulled me out of her embrace and before he could say a word, I threw my arms around him and sobbed pathetically as I was scared as to what could possibly be wrong with Christian. Adrien in return hugged me tightly while whispering 'everything will be alright.'

After what seemed like hours but technically just a few minutes, I calmed down. Adrien kissed my forehead and with a soft pat on my head said, "I'm here. Everything will be alright, okay?" Seeing my nod of approval, he went ahead and checked Christian who was still unconscious.

"I-Is he alright Adi?" I asked worried because earlier before any of this had happened, Christian had slight fever which he had shrugged off as his late night assignment tiredness. 

"His body temperature is high but nothing else seems worrying. I've already talked with a doctor about this, we just need to take him there." Said Adrien with a small smile.

"Okay." I replied back with a straight face. I didn't want to let anyone see me more vulnerable than they already have.
Adrien and Harper didn't further comment on me being closed off as they knew how much it hurt me and let me be.

I tried to stand up as Adrien picked up an unconscious Christian but fell down.

"Ouch!" I cried out as I felt a terrible needle like pain shot up through my left feet.

Before Adrien could do or say something, Harper said, "I got her, you first go help out Christian." And rushed towards me.

"You okay girl?"