A Glimpse Of Dani

Chapter 36

•••

Out of all the people she could be running away from, it just had to be Victoria.

This woman is everywhere.

The woods, in an alley, what's next, a strip club?

"Why were you running away from her," Samantha asks.

"She was the one who bite me," Dani mumbled while looking at her hands that had rested on her lap.

That sounds like Victoria, Sia said chuckling.

"How did you get the bite?" Samantha questions her but she stayed quiet. "It's okay if you don't feel like telling me right now. I just want to know more about you. So that I could help you."

After seconds of being quiet, Dani gave up and had spoke,"It was a month ago. I don't remember much of it. It's still a blur to me. All I could remember was waking up in an abandon building with Victoria draining the life out of someone. I managed to escape from her but my thirst for blood is what caused Victoria to find me. She told me that it was okay to drink it. That it would make us stronger more powerful."

"So you're a newborn?" Samantha questioned.

If she was a newborn then wouldn't her eyes be a deep red color? Samantha thought.

Nodding her head, she continued,"I was with Victoria for a day or two until I ran away again. She said that my eyes were suppose to be red but they still stayed as my normal brown eyes. She kept me to figure what was going on with me. What was different about me."

You don't think she's a-, Sia began but Samantha had cut her off.

She can't be, Samantha replied quickly, trying not to believe that Dani could be one of them.

"Well at least one good thing came out of the bite," Samantha said making Dani narrow her eyes at her.

"And what's that?" She asks.

"You can actually sleep."

She chuckled,"You remind me of my sister."

"What's her name?" Samantha asks.

"Cecilia but I called her Cece," she replied.

"She seems lovely," Samantha said earning a smile from Dani but it soon turned into a small frown.

"She was. We use to go to the mall together or go out to watch movie. Sometimes if she was on her period, which was always terrible for me because she acted like a total bitch, we would go get some ice cream or get a bunch of junk food from the store and just have a movie marathon," Dani explained.

Samantha couldn't help but smile at the glow that girl had on her face while she talked about her sister. "What about your parents or any other sibling you have. What are they like?"