Epilogue

Chapter 51

•••

The hybrid stared at her now half uninhabited bedroom. Her closet that was once filled up with hanged up clothes, now only had a sweater or two on the racket. The top of her dresser had none of its picture frames or accessories that was once on it, now it was vacant. As for its drawers she only left a few of her clothes in them. Probably a thing or two for each cupboard.

Derek and the rest were already waiting outside for her. When she gave them the news saying she was leaving they all darted towards their rooms and started packing. They didn't ask her why she wanted to leave but they assumed it had to be because of a certain Quileute boy. They weren't going to ask her right away because when they had seen her appearance they knew not to question her about it until she was ready to talk. And Samantha was thankful for that.

"You ready?" Derek asked from behind, starling the teenager.

She turned around and nodded her head,"Yeah."

Samantha would be lying if she said she wouldn't miss this place. She grew up here. The reservation, the house she's standing on right now, she grew up in it. This was, is her home. It will always be her home not matter where she goes. She took her first steps, said her first words, had her very first play date, gave her first middle finger in this house, in this town.

"I'm going to miss this place," Samantha murmured as she ran her fingers through the locks of her brown hair that had grown since she arrived to the reservation. She didn't cut it or anything not like she needed to. She rarely used any heat products in her hair. Her hair wasn't naturally straight but it was wavy. In all words, Samantha didn't care how her hair looked as long as it was long she was okay.

"We all will. The rest of us might not of been born here like you were but for the months we've been here, it grown to be a second home for all of us," Dani said surprising not only Samantha but also Derek.

"Does your brother know you're leaving?" Derek asked the hybrid who was putting on her leather jacket on.

Before Samantha could respond, multiple horns came from outside followed by a lot of hurry up's. "Come on," Samantha beckoned the two, grabbing one of her luggages while Derek took one as Dani took the other.

Once they got to the front, Samantha grabbed the house key from the back pocket of her jeans and locked the door. As the teenager turned the ignition to turn her vehicle on, Derek was in the back of her car, shoving in her luggages in the trunk while Dani sat in the passenger side. Samantha leaned her elbow on the window and stared at the house in front of her.

She knew she would be back. The thing was, she didn't know how long she would be gone. It could be days, weeks, months, possibly years. And in the days or how long she was gone for, Samantha wondered if Jacob would miss her or would he just forget about her and move on.

"You're all set up," Derek told her, his hand placed on top of her car to hold him.

"You guys go on ahead of me. I'm going to go and visit my brother before I leave. Will catch up with you guys."

***

"So you're leaving?" Samuel asked his sister who had explained to him on what was going on with her.

The hybrid nodded her head,"I can't be here while he's here Sam. I need a break from him. If I stay, I'll go out of my freaking mind."

Samuel understood his sister. She reminded him about how he reacted with the whole Leah break up thing. He didn't want to see the girl knowing that things would be awkward between the two or she would lash out on him. "I understand. Take your time. I trust that you'll be in safe hands. And before you say, I can take care of myself, I know you can but with the trouble you get yourself into with that big mouth of yours, worries me. I promised mom and dad I'd take care of you so please be on your best behavior and don't go around pissing people off."

Without saying anything back, she indulged her brother into a tight hug. She along with Embry and Quil call it her bear hug. Not only will she miss her home; hometown and friends but she will also miss her brother. She knew he didn't want her to go, she could read it on his face but she needed a break from all of this.

"You better call me," Sam muttered. "I'm going to miss your little annoying ass."

Samantha laughed,"I'm going to miss you to big brother."

"I better get going. My flight leaves in like two hours and it takes me about an hour and a half to get to the airport," Samantha said, pulling away from the hug.

He ruffled her hair,"Alright kiddo. Call me when you get there. I don't care if you think I'm asleep or anything. Call me."

Giving one last hug to her brother, she walked herself out the door and headed back to her where Dani waited for the hybrid inside. "Everything will be okay Sammy," Dani assured her with a faint smile. The young vampire could tell how much it killed the hybrid inside to leave her home but Dani knew she would be back soon. Pulling out from the driveway, Samantha drove off and was now back on the road.

"Goodbye La Push."

***

And that is the last chapter of this book !!

After a year and half later this book is finally finished!! I just want to say thank you for all of your support on this book! Thank you for the reads, votes, comments, everything! For adding it to your reading list or just your library in general! Thank you for taking the time and reading this book even though it has a lot of chapters aha As soon as I have a few chapters done for the next book for this series, I'll have a note up as soon so possible !! Thank & love you all xx

Vote | Comment | Follow
-EVERYTHINTRASH