Can't Blame Us Girls For Trying

Chapter 17

Two Weeks Later

Samantha was worried. She was worried about Jacob. She worried that something must of happened to him. Seeing as how she's called multiple times as well as leaving him several messages on his phone. Every Time she called, she's hope it would be Jacob on the other line but it would always end up Billy who would answer her calls. From what Billy had told her, it was some type of sickness, mono. Aside from her boyfriends sickness problem, she would check up on Bella every now and then to see that she was getting better.

"Hey it's Jake leave a message!"

Frustrated at the voicemail she has heard for no more then one hundred times, she hanged up and threw herself back on her bed.

"Still nothing?" Derek asked her leaning against her doorframe.

She shook her head,"I just don't get it. I mean if it's that bad shouldn't he be at the hospital?"

"I'm pretty sure Billy has an explanation behind what he's doing," he assured her, taking a seat next to her on her bed.

Whenever Jake was sick Billy would always let me go see him. I don't see how this is any difference. He's not in the hospital so it can't be that bad, she thought to herself.

The sound of her phone ringing caused her to snap out of her thoughts and answer it. She hoped it was Jacob calling her but she spoke to soon once she heard Bella's voice through the other line.

"Hey Sammy," came Bella's voice.

"Have you heard from Jake?" She added.

"Nope," was all she said back. "Look Bells I'll call you if I hear anything from him alright?" Saying a goodbye, she hanged up the call and tossed her phone to the side.

"Derek can we go for a run? I honestly need to get out of the house," she said groaning at the last part of her sentence as she tried to remember the last time she's been on a run. He quickly nodded his head eagerly. Soon enough the two, we're heading out the front door and into the woods.

***

After an hour or two had passed by, Derek suggested that they head back home seeing as how it was starting to rain. As they ran, Samantha began to hear rustling noises coming from behind her. Turning around she saw no one there. Noticing that Derek was far more ahead of her, she began to pick up her pace only to have someone come and sweep her off her feet and sent her flying. Once her back had connected with the tree she was flown into, she groaned and grunted at the pain but she got herself up and looked around.

Ignoring the fact that she was completely soaking wet as well as the mud that was on half the size of her clothes, she glanced up at the trees and saw Caleb causally sitting on one of the trees bark.

"Never thought I would see the day where Samantha Uley would look up to me," Caleb said with a smirk on his face.

"Don't flatter yourself," Samantha scoffed.

"What do you want?" She asks as she leaned against the tree that was behind her.

"Nothing just came to check up on you," he simply said.

"How are you and your little boyfriend?" He added but then laughed when he got no response from Samantha.

"Trouble in paradise?"