Nothing But Reunions

CHAPTER 6

•••

Samantha kept on blinking, thinking that this is not happening right now. That someone must of drugged her or something.

Is this a dream? I have to be dreaming, She thought to herself.

As for the person that was standing on her porch, he kept on staring at her in shock. He too that he was dreaming or that someone knocks him in the head pretty well. Without rethinking his actions, he pulled the teenage girl into a bone crushing hug that she was all too familiar with.

This was the hug she craved that same night with what happened with her parents. This is what she had missed after all those eight years of being away from home. She still got the same familiar warmth comforting feeling.

He had miss this. After eight years of being alone without his family, this was the feeling he had been waiting for. He craved the feeling of warmth and love for so long. For eight years he had been alone, no parents, no sister. For eight years, he has never felt so alive until mow. She had come back.

His little sister was back home.

After a few minutes of hugging but it felt like hours to them, the two had pulled away from each other. "You don't know how long I've been waiting to do that," her brother whispered as he pulled her in another hug.

"You're never leaving my side again do you understand missy?" He asked sternly as he released her.

"Yes dad," she scoffed. Her eyes glanced at her brothers image. He had grown a lot over the years. Instead of his soft boyish face it was replaced by a muscling grown man face. "Puberty did you good brother."

"Really? After eight years of not seeing each other that's the first thing you say?" He asked her a bit taken back. He thought that she would be crying or saying how badly she had missed him.

"Well yeah. You're not the same boy as I remembered from the last time I saw you. You should take what I said as a compliment," she suggested as she crossed her arms.

"Samantha do you not know how worried I have been for the last eight years? Do you not know how everyone has been searching for you for months? Do you not know that Jacob had stopped talking for a month and wouldn't eat properly?" She shut her eyes at the mention of her best friend.

"Did you not think about how I would feel? I had lost not just you but our parents Samantha!" His sudden change in tone caused her to flinch.

FLASHBACK

"Stop hurting her!"