Chapter 12

Jack stiffened as he looked up in time to see Elsa being led to the make-shift dance floor by Captain Lucas.
While he had only just met the guy, he knew the captain was quite honorable and heroic after overhearing some tales of his bravery both from various friends and the man himself.
That didn't mean he liked the thought of him holding Elsa anymore than some other guy doing it.
In fact the thought of any man but himself holding her was quite disturbing.
What was with that?
A tug on his sleeve brought his attention reluctantly back to Nora.
"Would you like to dance?" She asked.
He was about to respond when out of the corner of his eye, he saw Lucas take Elsa by the waist.
Gripping his fingers, he tried to focus on the woman in front of him but he was going insane with what he knew was jealousy.
After realizing he would probably regret this, he excused himself from a bewildered Nora and quickly made his way over to Elsa and Lucas.
Wasting little time, he tapped Lucas on the shoulder.
"Sorry captain, I'm cutting in."
Lucas kept Elsa in his grasp as he glanced over and replied with amusement.
"Can't you just wait for the next song? You don't know how long it took me to work up the courage to ask her."
Jack shrugged without missing a beat.
"Sorry, matching outfits trump your guilt-trip attempt, she's here with me."
At this, understanding seemed to hit Lucas as the man finally backed away and gave good-natured bow towards Jack.
"My apologies for overstepping."
Jack replied with a smile as well,
"Don't worry about it."
And with that, he easily took the other man's place.
Before Elsa could even object, Jack entwined an arm around her waist and pulled her against his chest, continuing the dance.

Elsa looked towards Kristoff and Ana to see them avidly watching her and Jack, along with many others.
Fantastic.
Frowning, she whispered to Jack.
"What's the matter with you?"
Jack shrugged but whispered in kind.
"Just trying to dance, is that ok with you, or do I need to ask permission from Ana and Kristoff on this as well?"
"It would be fine if you could do so without making a scene, everyone is staring. What's with the caveman routine?"
Jack scoffed but surveyed the crowd after she spoke.
"Everyone was staring at you anyway, and I won't stand here and waste our time denying there wasn't a "caveman routine" as you so call it. I don't like watching other men flirt with you just as you hate the sight of Nora flirting with me."
Elsa was silent for several seconds, at a loss for words due to his bold (yet true) claim.
"Well I'm not used to everyone staring at me. And what do you mean? Nora was flirting with you? I didn't notice."
The lie fell flat even to her own ears, however she wasent ready to let him off easy just yet.
"You might not notice men stare at you, but I can promise they do all the same. And not because of your past history. And right, you totally didn't see Nora flirting with me. You just spilled half your punch onto the ground and stared avidly at another couple conveinantly behind us right? Shame you won't give me the same honest courtesy I just gave you."
"Yes because your one to talk about honesty."
Jack scowled but pulled her closer.
"I haven't lied to you despite what you may think, I told you all correct info on myself, not my fault you don't ask the right questions."
He could see she was preparing to retort back but he shook his head.
"I didn't ask you to dance only so we could fight more believe it or not. Let's just enjoy the rest of the festivities. In case it's not clear, I don't like men flirting with you and you don't like women flirting with me. Also I prefer blondes over brunettes. It doesent have to mean anything, just simply that."
Elsa nodded but wisely kept quiet.
She wanted it to mean something, however irrational it was.
His possessiveness was something she'd never expieranced before and she didn't want to forget the feeling of what it was to actually be wanted by someone anytime soon.