~3~

I had been boating a few times with grandma when I was younger. She loved to fish, It's sort of an old person thing I guess.  We've been sailing for about a day. It would take us a few more days till we got even remotely close to Seoul. It was fun in the boat. we don't really know what's happening on land, this boat is  all that's left of humanity for all we know.   We sang and played some sort of game the guys made up. The fun hadn't lasted long. The boat sputtered and popped stopping, dead. Namjoon refueled the boat. "Jin, where's the rest of the gas?" Namjoon asked, his face set in an angry expression. "You were gonna put it in the back" jin replies. "No you said you would". They argue back and forth for while. "We only have half a tank left" namjoon screams. They start screaming at each other. Grandma shook her head, while jungkook started searching for more fuel. I couldn't take it anymore. "Stop, stop!!" I yelled. Everyone looked at me. "We'll stop at the next dock and find some gas, ok. Lets go, there's no use in fighting!" I say. jin turns away with a tch as Namjoon starts the boat again and we head back for land. We get to a small dock and namjoon, jin and I get out. Jungkook would stay with grandma. We head towards a small boating shop. I hold my bat up while namjoon holds a knife.  We peek around the corner and see no one. It's a ghost town here no one seems to be around. We make a plan and I bash a side window to get into the boat shop. Namjoon kicks open a large door and grabs large cans of brown liquid. He hands two to jin, and one to me. "This is way more than enough" i whisper yell. Namjoon looks at me a wary look on his face. " we don't know what's in the city" jin breathes through his teeth, Namjoon finishes, " we might not even be able to stop in seoul... It's just incase we can't... Can't get help". I stare at the floor, letting the fact that whatever is waiting in the city, could kill us. I've seen zombie movies, if they've taught me anything, its that I can't let my guard down, and I can't always believe the best will happen. Maybe these guys would try to leave me for dead. Can I truly trust them. I nod my head.  Namjoon picks up two more canisters and we head back for the boat. I stop before we turn the corner to the dock and there I see two undead people. My breath accelerated. "Two on the left" I say to jin and namjoon. They nod "aim for the head" Namjoon says. Thank god I have this damn Bat. I walk in front of the zombies and hit them square in the head. It still feels terrible to hit someone in the head, i'm not going to get used to it, ever. Namjoon grabs my gas can and We run to the boat. Making it in time before the undead could call out for backup. A couple scramble out of a buildings nearby. Namjoon fills the boat and we are once again off. "Where's grandma?" I ask Jungkook. "Up in the front". I head over to her. I stop dead in my tracks when I see her. Gun to her head being held by another woman. "Move and I shoot", The woman says. I nod. "This boat is heading to Seoul, correct?".  I nod again too scared to move. "You are going to take me to Seoul or grandma here won't make it to tomorrow", she warns. Jin comes around the corner but stops when he sees the woman. "She needs to get to Seoul", I finally say. "Oh, no need to do all that he says. Please put the gun down" Jin pleads. "No!" the woman screams. She's sweating and her eyes are bloodshot. Then it clicks in my brain. "We can help you, we'll take you to Seoul, please just let her go" I plead more. Her face goes slack. Her posture droops. A blue and green tinge fills the veins on her face. "No" Jin screams. Jungkook rushes over. The girl is becoming a zombie. She frowns as her eyes turn a darker shade. The gun drops and slides toward jungkook. He picks it up and aims it toward the woman. "Grandma!" I shout. Knowing what comes next. Jin and I scream in unison when the woman bites into Grandma's neck. A wail coming from grandma as she fights the woman. Shoot jungkook I yell he Shakes and cries. He stands still as I rush to him and grab the gun. I'm just as scared as him but I can't let grandma die. I aim and pull the trigger. A shot is fired and the undead woman falls. I shake as Namjoon appears and pushes the woman off of her and over board. "Grandma!!", I kneel beside her. I feel the tears in my eyes. "My beautiful Jae-an please take care of yourself, I'm sorry", she says. "No, No, Grandma, your fine, please, you're all I have left. I love you please don't leave me." I beg. She removes her ring and hands it to me. She stands. "Grandma please sit you're hurt". Her eyes gloss over the blue and green painting her skin. "Jae!!" Namjoon yells "move away from her". "Grandma?"I ask "please it's me Jae-an". She lunges toward me causing us to fall back. I hold her head back with my arm as she screams and tries to bite at my face. The mashing of her teeth echo along the boat. She screams and writhes. "Please, stop Grandma!!" I scream over and over. Her breath and saliva all over me. Suddenly she's shoved away from me and toppled off the boat. Jungkook stands me up. "Jae-an are you ok did she bite you". "Get away jungkook, if I caught the virus I couldn't live with myself if I hurt you" I warn. I went to the corner grandma had been. We waited a few minutes. Nothing. I cried as Namjoon picked me up. He sat me down and Jin wrapped me in a blanket. I wanted nothing more than to sleep and wake up from this terrible dream. I dreamed of grandma, when she held me at my parents funeral, she showed me so much love. But then I saw her face, it was the face of a zombie.