~2~

"What's going on?" Grandma asks. "Buskers maybe, they always draw a crowd.", the guy handing grandma her fish says. "No, they're running away." people are running now, toppling over each other trying to run away from the woman feasting on the floor. "I told you, I told you," I yell at her as the screams get louder.
"Come back here", the boy selling fish says. I push grandma to sit behind the glass fish case. Thank you I tell the boy. More screams are heard along with growls and the trampling of shoes. "This is just like a zombie movie" I mumble. She sits quietly. The noise dies down and all I can hear is a sort of sloshing and munching noise. Now in disbelief, I whisper yell "I told you if you had just listened, you never listen to me" I start to tear up, I was starting to panick now. My emotions where unsteady. I should've known better and prepared earlier. 
"I'm sorry Jae-an...I..I" She doesn't finish scared and in shock like me. I hold the bat ready to swing. Just in case. The boy holds a knife. I look out from behind the case. People lay on the floor, some being attacked. A man stands up; he looks like the one from the news. Blue and green veins, glossed over eyes. His hands are bloodied. The fear has taken over my body, I could be killed, right here in this fish market.
     "Listen" I snapped. The boy turns my way as well. "I saw this on the news, these weird people will try to harm us. They will spread whatever virus they have to us". Grandma starts to tear up, whispering a prayer. The boy stares at me. "What's your name", I ask. "Jeon Jungkook" he replies quickly. "ok jungkook listen. We're the only ones that can protect ourselves. Let's wait it out maybe the police will show up. But until then We hide." I say. He nods ferociously, fear written on his face. "Look", I say pointing out one of the undead people. A woman limps by. Her arms and legs had those blue and green veins. Jungkook complies "That's what they look like." I say. As I study the woman I feel the adrenaline in my body surge. I hadn't had too much time to properly freak out and ugly cry.
But I didn't feel very scared anymore. I could die but I won't. I have to protect grandma. I will be strong for her.
We sit behind the fish stall for what feels like hours. Until I hear shuffling. A small boy had walked up to the glass he saw me. "Jungkook", I whisper. " jungkook!" I whisper yell. He wakes up from his daydream. He looks over and sees the boy. The boy screeches at the top of his lungs. "We need to move. Now" I say shaking grandma. I hear other screeches. More of the undead people are coming. I bring my bat up and swing.

————————————————————-

We made it out, barely. Grandma trailing behind jungkook. We stop in an alleyway and duck behind a dumpster. "Is everyone ok?" I ask. Jungkook nods a bit dazed. "I need to get to my family", he says.
"Where are they?" I ask as he shakes his head.  "I..I.. I can't" he stutters. I knew this guy was just as scared as I was, none of us could think clearly. "Hey it's ok, we can take you home," I offer. He nods. We head to Jungkook's home. It doesn't take long. He lives closer to the docks. Most people were either inside their homes or at the market. So the streets were pretty clear. Jungkook pounds on the door. A guy in his boxers answers the door. "Jungkook!!" the guy Yells. We all shuffle inside. "I thought you were dead, the news and the attacks..." the guy trails off asking questions. "This girl saved me," Jungkook says while being hugged tightly by the boxer's guy. "Thank you", the guy says. "Well Jungkook hid us so it's thanks to him", I replied. Jungkook smiles. Oh he's charming. If we weren't in a life or death situation I might have had a crush on him.
     Suddenly something comes stumbling down the stairs to the right. I raise my bat ready to hit whatever or whoever is coming.
"Wait!!" jungkook says. Before I can swing, a tall guy is darting for Jungkook and the guy in boxers. "Jin!!" Jungkook yells. "Kookie don't do that ever again", the guy named jin says. The guy in boxers starts the conversation again. "I'm Kim Namjoon and this is Kim Seokjin". "Call me Jin" Jin says smiling. "I'm Jae-an, and that's my grandma", I reply. Grandma has made herself comfy at a dining table. She was breathing hard. And looking at the floor, her eyes looked a bit cold. "Could I get a glass of water please" I ask. Jungkook nods.
"So what happened", Namjoon asks me. I explain what happened and Jungkook comes back with the water. I hand it to grandma. She gulps it down. "I need to cook for you kids, you must be hungry. May I use your kitchen", She asks startling the boys. Jin replies with a nod. "She cooks when she's nervous,'' I whisper as grandma frantically flitters around the kitchen.
The boys and I sit at their small dining table. "We need to come up with a game plan" I say. "A game plan?" jungkook asks. "We need to get to the safe place away from these people with the virus", I explain. Namjoon nods, while Jin turns the radio on his phone. The news anchor speaks. " We implore you to stay home. More news on these zombie-like people has come out. These undead people group together to attack live humans. If you hear this screeching find cover". An audio track plays. The sound of a screech plays. I wince. Jin and Namjoon look at each other as Jungkook closes his eyes. "The characteristics of these people are blueish green skin lesions. Dark eyes. And violent behaviors. If you see one of these things, call this helpline." the broadcaster continues. I turn back to see grandma fiercely cooking the fish she bought along with some microwave ramen. I turn my attention back to the radio. "There is a safe place at the Seoul medical center. If you are unable to get here we advise you to barricade your home and wait for emergency service announcements coming soon". Jin turns down the volume. We would have to wait. Like sitting ducks. There's no way we could get to Seoul that fast. "I guess we wait,'' Namjoon says. We talk a bit more trying to figure out ways to get to Seoul. Grandma sets some plates down and served the ramen and fish. We thank her and eat. This might be our last good meal.

—————————————————————

The News had stopped being broadcasted a week ago. And power was limited, turning on and off agian. Only once had I seen an undead person walk by the house. But I knew there were probably hundreds roaming the streets. Fish was abundant so we hadn't gone hungry yet. Namjoon owned a fishing boat and it wouldn't be too long before our plan would be put into motion. We would boat from Mokpo to Seoul. It would be hard but we would work harder.
I hopped in the shower cleaning off the sweat from today's boat work. My head was empty. All normality is gone and until this apocalypse is over we are just going to have to survive together. I went to sleep and dreamt of the safe haven in Seoul.
I woke up to the smell of Pancakes. Jin was cooking today. "Good morning" I greet him. He smiles and hands me a plate. "Good morning, eat up you didn't forget we're leaving today right". "No, I'm excited," I replied. Soon everyone woke up and we were getting ready to set sail. We were putting the last supplies on the boat.

As I set the last of our food supply on the boat, Jungkook came up to me. "Listen Jae-an. I know that we are going to make it". I smiled at his encouragement. He put a net into the boat. We talk about what we thought might be waiting for us at the Seoul medical center as we head back toward everyone. Grandma and Namjoon walk out ready to board the small fishing boat. "Wait" I say, I run inside and grab my baseball bat. I couldn't leave without it. "I'm ready" I say.