Chapter 33 - Devastated & Unplanned II

Start from the beginning

“Everything’s going to be alright, baby.” I touched my tummy and smiled. I imagine little Blake running around and playing with his Dad, just imagining it makes me happy. Sana nga Blake woud be happy about this.

Nagulat ako na its already 8:30pm when I looked at my watch. I’m sure Papa’s already worried kasi sabi ko I would go straight home after ng appointment ko with Dr. Montemayor and my phone’s off. I hurriedly grabbed my bag and hailed a cab.

I saw Blake pacing back and forth at the marble hallway of his unit when the private elevator opened. He was taking to someone on the phone about finding where I am. When he recognized my presence, he didn’t hesitate and took me into one of his big warm hugs.

“Oh, God. Honey, you scared me.” He kissed my hair. “I thought you left me. I thought I lost you. Your phone’s off and none of us could contact you.”

“I’m sorry. I just needed fresh air and I just bought something.” I answered him. My body was stiff around his arms. I couldn’t think of how I could tell him.

“What’s important is you’re here. I love you so much. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about Mike. Please don’t scare me like that again.” He tipped my chin up to give me a kiss.  Hearing those words for him made my heart beat double time. Finally I felt that he is afraid to lose me. “Kumain ka na?”

I just nodded no and we went to the kitchen were everyone gave us space and went to their own rooms. Ate Tina prepared food for the both of us and we ate there in silence. He keeps on looking at me every three minutes when he finally broke the silence and let out a heavy sigh.

“Tito Enzo left this afternoon. He texted you daw before he left pero hindi ka nga naming macontact. We were dead worried about you, honey. I’ve even asked the whole team to find you.”

“Sorry talaga. I just need some time alone. This is all too much.” I told him calmly and I continued to eat my dinner in silence. I couldn’t even chew the beef well and nilulunok ko nalang ng nilulunok dahil sa kaba.

“Damn it! Rein, will you please tell me what’s wrong??” He pushed his empty plate aside and reached for my hand that’s in the breakfast table. His brown eyes struck through me. “Please. You’re driving me crazy.”  

I took a deep breath and tried to put aside the panic and fear. I drank the whole glass of water and tried to keep my voice clear and hearable but low. Its now or never. “I’m pregnant.”

All the color in Blake’s face drained and his body stiffened. “What?”

I closed my eyes trying to prevent the tears from escaping my eyes because of fear. “I’m pregnant.”

“Shit.” He ran his fingers through his hair and stood up harshly almost knocking down the chair where he sat. “Fucking shit.”

I gazed at him and he just gazed back. I looked away. I didn’t want him to see me crying. “I know this isn’t a great time for me to be pregnant pero—“

“Buti alam mo!” He slammed his fist on the breakfast table which made me sob and shake. “We’re just beginning to be okay! I just fucking revealed our marriage earlier this morning! I’m just starting to fucking show you how I love you and now… Fuck. Diapers and vomit and shit!” He’s trying to control his temper but I knew that he was slowly losing it.

“I thought we agreed on this!” He shouts. “Tell me! Will you fucking tell me! Did you plan on getting pregnant???!” His eyes reflected on how angry he felt.