• twenty two | 22

ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙɪʟɪᴛʏ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴘʀᴏᴄᴇꜱꜱɪɴɢ .  .  .

100%

loading . . .

ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ
ꜱᴜᴄᴄᴇꜱꜱꜰᴜʟʟʏ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ

a/n:
I don't know know too much about medical information. I tried researching, but with tight schedules and websites that never really helped. it's indeed a challenge, though, im trying to learn a certain info for a chapter, but that's all I could say for now 😼

apologies for late updates. a chapter in this book and my other book is deleted unknowingly. i didn't notice it until a few minutes ago.

"oh fuck, Oikawa? are you awake? wake up!" the ace cried out in gleaming excitement, jolting up from his composed position of sitting upon noticing the stirring of the brunette in his location, his chocolate eyes fluttering open in instant before shotting up to sit down straight, heavy breathing escaped his lips as he slowly placed the palm of his hand over towards where a bandage was taped to cover the "small" injury.

with fixating his gaze over to meet the dark haired male's, he tilted his head in bewilderment along with peculiarity wandering off about his ragged expressions, his shiny eyes losing its stars once gulping down the lump that he had noticed after its appearance was perceptible in his feelings. "iwa-chAN..what haPpEned?" he questioned, surprising himself at his own broken tone of voice, eyebrows furrowing in confusion, waiting for a swift response.

"the doctors told us about the needle. someone shot you from the crowd," Iwaizumi growled lowly in evident irritation, his hands clenching up into a ball of fist - squeezing the other male's hand along with it. but Oikawa paid no mind, he felt a bit numb and an a aching feeling thrilling inside his body, beggining to feel sick from his own anatomy, his breathing was clearly abnormal, though he decided it was best to ignore his situation.

"i felt the needle piece my skin. iwa-chan, im scared." Oikawa stated shakily, the wing spiker immediately breaking down his hatred and chose to focus on his sympathetic best companion, Iwaizumi's pacific serenity returning back towards his senses, olive green orbs staring right towards the filled fear chocolate ones right infront of him, using his own gaze in an attempt in raising up the other's equilibrium back into a high level.

grabbing the brunette's hands gently, he used his own thumbs to stroke the back of his hand softly, Oikawa still quivering in horror of the traumatic experience, he was quite aware that a presence inside that public gymnasium kept their keen gawks directly towards whichever destination he paused at, but he meerly disregarded the stare and brushed off the strange feeling, continuing the game as if nothing was bothering his guts.

"i-iwa-chan?"

"hm..?" the vice captain hummed, silently, though controlled his volume and managed to echo his short response in order for the brunette infront of him to hear precisely, a small reassuring smile appearing on Iwaizumi's lips afterwards, despite his actions of being slightly flamey towards the setter, his compassion for the other volleyball player was still visible and noticeable. not once did he imagine of leaving Oikawa all alone without him tagging along in his pathway. [but, he refused to let the brunette know.]

"what time is it?" Oikawa asked once again, puckering his lips in slight disorientation to mix well wihh his bewildered appearance, his soft fingertips weakly tapping on the soft mattress whereas he comfortably laid down on. Iwaizumi giving a quick side glance towards the wall clock before swiftly averting his eyes back to make contact with the brunette, "its 7pm in the night."

"i was out for that long?!"

"not literally, you were out since 2 days ago." Oikawa's mouth dropped, his gaze switfly flickering from his sheet covered feet onto the dark haired male, who seemed to stay reticent from all the stressed out thoughts he was currently thinking out right at that moment. the setter's throat turning dry whilst he felt his stomach twist in confusion, eyebrows furrowing in disbelief as he quickly shot up, turning himself into a somewhat position of sitting.

"are you kidding me?" he questioned in his disagreement, fully focused on the future destined answer the wing spiker was about to state off, Iwaizumi sighing heavily crossing his arms before crouching back down on his previous chair, leaning back with his tounge playing around with the insides of his cheeks, deciding to stay silent before answering afterwards;

"yeah, the drug in you is apparently Acetaminophen. it's supposedly not that bad, but you got shot with a needle filled with the medicine thrice. thrice, Oikawa. along with a sedative one, causing you your unconciousness." with the male quickly staring at the speechless brunette, - he glided his tounge over his lower lip, closing his eyes shut as he attempts to relax his tensed muscles, hatred clouding his anger from the person that shot his own childhood best friend without hesitation. using his deep breathing as an proposition of calming himself, which seemed to surprisingly work.

taking the setter's pacific serene as a quiet gesture to remove the hiatus in his paused continuation, Iwaizumi moved his hand across his own leg in anxiety, his foot tapping on the ground whilst making eye contact with the shining tiled flooring of the hospital room. "you're in the verge of dying, T-Tōru." he choked on his tears, biting his lip harshly with a hand covering both his olive orbs, preventing the brunette to see his future breakdown.

Oikawa could only open his mouth, shaking his head as he felt the motion around him stop in its place, he felt his world crumble apart upon hearing such words that impacted him quite deeply. tears unknowingly appearing in the corner of both his dark chocolate colored eyes, his dream flashing infront of his imaginations. doing his best to construct words;

"w-will i see [M-M/n]-Chan if i do?"

Iwaizumi snapped, arising from his position as he quickly held Oikawa by both of his hands, his eyes filling with vexation, exasperation, anger, hatred, and any negative emotions you could've named. he was beyond mad, and it was already evident from the harsh gritting of his teeth, a low growl escaping his slammed shut mouth afterwards. "you're kidding with me, again?"

"iwa-chan, I know you aren't in good terms with him. but.. [M/n] is the sweetest per—"

"he's not who you think he is!"

"and he's not who YOU think he is!"

"i'm telling you the truth!"

"what truth?!"

"he's the one who shot you!"

.

.

.

"w..what?"

target locked | oikawa tōru

do you wish to continue?