• seventeen | 17

ᴘʀᴏʙᴀʙɪʟɪᴛʏ ᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏꜰ ᴘʀᴏᴄᴇꜱꜱɪɴɢ .  .  .

100%

loading . . .

ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ
ꜱᴜᴄᴄᴇꜱꜱꜰᴜʟʟʏ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛᴇᴅ

WAAAHHH MY apologies for late updates. this isn't the only book I own and I'm trying my best to update both! Thank you! , :))

"eh? he's still not here?" the brunette asked himself in a quiet whispery tone, eyes landing towards the bench where [M/n] was usually found seated down at, finding no presence of the male he hoped would be present for today, seeing as there wasn't the 3rd coach in his point of view. only the head and the blonde seniors were inside the gymnasium, the [h/c] male's facial features along with his muscular build wasn't in sight either. leading him to an assumption that [M/n] was also gone for today.

the thought of his own conclusions visibly made Oikawa frown in disappointment, slightly concerned about his upper-class man. knowing nothing about what [M/n] was currently doing in this current time, having no ideas no'r clue for the third coach's sudden disappearance. his text messages had gone only through 'delivered', revealing that [M/n] had never read the numerous texts he had received.

"did i wish him good morning today?" the setter questioned himself once again, pulling out his phone from the pocket of his tracksuit before an exasperated heavy sigh escaped his lips. seeing as he had already sent more than 15 text messages in only under the past 3 minutes, all of them were unfortunately never once seen by [M/n]. worrying the brunette further more.

"trashykawa!" he flinched by the sudden snarky yet loud tone, his head lifting from the screen of his phone towards Iwaizumi - who had a hand on his waist, a salty and intimidating expression plastered onto his face, impatience evident on the frown his lips formed. "are you gonna continue standing there or are you going to help me with my spikes?" the brunette giggled playfully after a few blinks of curiosity, waving his hand in delighted amusement.

"okay okay, sorry Iwa-chan! I'll change immediately!" Oikawa laughed out, placing back the small device back to the pockets of his light-colored tracksuit, Iwaizumi simply heaving a heavy sigh along with the rolling of his eyes afterwards, walking away with a hand on his hip once he took awareness and notice of Yahaba having slight troubles with receiving the other player's hits and spikes.

the setter let's out a quick soft huff, his cheeks puffing once he did so, turning on his heel to make his way back towards the club room, where the volleyball team usually change their outfits and clothes on - the strap of his bag straddling the ends of his shoulder, shoes squeaking each step he took - small humming softly escaping him quietly, the corner of his lips tugging upwards before he glanced towards the direction of the benches, whereas both the blonde and head coach were having an inaudible conversation.

the brunette's brows furrowed in curiosity once he had seen the sorrowful expression Sadayuki had worn, slightly blood shot eyes with small drops of tears rolling down his pale cheeks, a hand covering his mouth to prevent any sounds of escaping. Irihata saying words, Oikawa wasn't able to hear from the distance he was in, leaving the setter to severe bewilderment.

a bad feeling weld up Oikawa's figure, why was his own coach crying for exactly? was it that bad? was it personal? did something happen that the team wasn't aware of? if so, what was it? nonetheless, the brunette reluctantly brushed his curiosity and screaming guts off, turning his head back before he continued his paused steps. would it be better if Oikawa won't know..?

"hey Iwa-chan! remember mad-dog chan?" the captain questioned, a wide proud grin on his face once he slithered an arm around the ace's shoulders. Iwaizumi eyeing the wooden floorboards before his eyebrows raised up, something clearly clicking into his mind once he made eye contact with the brunette, nodding his head.

"Kyotani? yeah, what about him?" the ace questioned, a hand on the edge of his towel that was casually wrapped around his neck - droplets of his sweat dripping and trickling down both his forehead and features of his faces, small pants of exhaustion escaped his parted lips once he made eye contact with the setter right beside him in curiosity, an eyebrow irked upwards - silently questioning his own captain with no words afterwards.

"i've managed to get him back~ although his arrival will be later than i thought..he sure does like entrances.." the dark haired male seemed surprise, seeing as the future vice captain was finally deciding to come back down to his senses and practices. Kyotani was gone for who knows how long from any club activities, come to think of it - the players barely even noticed him walking around the school campus despite his different styled hair being one of the numerous things you could first notice about his presence.

Oikawa gleamed proudly, as if he was showing off his skills and management in silence, his wide bright smile easy enough to somehow yet immediately irk the wing spiker right next to him; "okay, get off me. you're sweaty and smelly." the brunette's smile transitioned into a pout, a loud squeak of protest escaping his thoughts whilst the ace had to cover his ears in annoyance, mouth clicking in irritation whilst trying his best to show his short patience.

"team, we all need to have a serious talk. so we're requesting you to take a break, immediately." they stunned in they're spot as a sign of their small surprise. hearing and taking notice of the stern tone Irihata had showed quite evidently. Watari groaning silently once the volleyball had viciously hit the side of his cheek, Kunimi giving a quick sign of his apologetic expression before it returned to his usual apathetic appearance, eyes turning serene before fixing his own posture, back slightly straightening as a lazy yawn escaped him - showing both relief and exhaustion from the time he had spent on court.

the brunette opened his mouth to create a small humurous joke, though forced himself to shut it back close once his awareness of the thick atmosphere that lingered was getting heavier each minute, his coaches looked quite a mess. but Oikawa had to lightly gasp once his eyes travelled towards the blonde haired senior - he surely did represent someone who feels melancholy. a heavy feeling appearing upon his emotions, a swarm of concern flowing around his thoughts whilst he chose to stay as reticent as he could be. not taking the suspense any longer.

with Sadayuki sniffing one last time, he met eyes with the dark haired coach, a small nod of reassurance being taken as a small gesture of acceptance was visibly shown. Iribata sighing loudly and quite heavily, as if he was holding a deep breath for as long as he could - snatching a crumpled paper - which looked about as a recent newspaper he just brought recently. his hand opening it up as the team could only stare curiously, they're eyes questioning each other silently, though none of them knew the occurance.

with the head coach biting his lower lip, he flipped the newspaper so that it would face the volleyball players - all orbs travelled towards the front headline, showing the picture of a fucked and brought down building some of them were familiar of, though none of them asked what had happened. the title had already answered them without the needing for anyone to speak up.

"this news was just the other day. more than a hundred was killed during the incident, and to our unfortune..." Oikawa froze in his spot, his mind going blank as his head had started growing dizzy, silence was everything he heared, his knees going week once he had collapsed on the ground in disbelief, not believing the words that escaped his senior's mouth afterwards:

"[M/n] had met his fate."

target locked | oikawa tōru

do you wish to continue?