Chapter Twenty-Two

My vision was blurry, and I didn't know how much I could drive, I was about to give up and let the tiredness in my body win when I saw the gate of the farm

My vision was blurry, and I didn't know how much I could drive, I was about to give up and let the tiredness in my body win when I saw the gate of the farm. I had to keep pushing. I let my foot push on the brakes, knowing that if I kept going this fast, I would pass out, and I would probably crash. I had to help save Carl. My body jerked forward, luckily I had put on the seatbelt, the light on the porch illuminated a large portion of the property up close. I could see people exiting the house as the truck finally stopped. I had made it.

Hershel was the one approaching me.

'' Oh god '' I hear the familiar voice of Rick say. The door opened quickly, sending some wind up to my face.

'' You stay here with her '' I heard the older man say, to what I assumed was Rick.

'' Carl? '' My voice came out raspy, and soon after, I started coughing. My eyesight moving fast and my head getting heavier.

'' There's still a chance '' Rick said, I felt his body pressing against mine, his hands working on my seatbelt. '' Are you bit? ''

'' No '' I shake my head slowly, closing my eyes as I couldn't keep them open anymore.

'' Scratched? '' He asked. And once again a shook my head.

'' Otis? '' Hershel asked, my eyes opened, making me look at the older man who had the two bags in his hands. He looked at me with what I thought was worry, once again I shook my head.

'' We say nothing to Patricia. Not till after. I need her '' The older man paused. '' Help her inside, she needs to get cleaned up before those wounds get infected. I'll call your pal to take her '' The man left right after. I noticed that Glenn was the one close to Rick. He must have come with Lori.

'' You're going to be just fine Ashley '' Rick took most of the strands of hair that had fallen in front of my face, most of them were coated in blood.

'' Ashley, Ashley '' I hear a voice calling my name, my eyes opening ten times bigger as I looked for the source. '' Oh god, oh god '' Shane.

'' Take her inside, she needs to get cleaned up. '' Shane never took his eyes off of me, once he reached us, he grabbed my legs. My body protesting, as everything hurt. His hands went towards my shoulders, lifting me up. Rick opened the truck door wider so that I could get up, as the 6'4 men carried me inside the house. I let my head rest upon his chest, while he was carrying me. Maggie was coming down the stairs when she saw me and Shane, quickly letting us pass as she told Shane to put me in one of the vacant rooms upstairs.

'' You're going to be okay '' Shane whispered in my hair, as he carried me. Every step sending me sharp pains in my head and in my stomach. I moaned in pain, feeling once again the need to vomit.

For the first time in a long time, I felt a pillow on the back of my head, and a soft and comfortable mattress supporting my body.

'' I'll get the clean towels '' I heard the thick accent of Maggie in the room, as soon, water running.