Chapter Fifteen

" You okay? " It's the fourth time i ear that question in the morning

" Yeah " I nod, trying not to look at his face.

" You know, im kinda feeling you givin' me the cold shoulder right now " I see him changing his weight to his other foot. " I mean, i know we talked we wouldn't work out together, but that never stopped us from looking at each other in the eye "

I wasn't ashamed of looking at him in the eyes after the night we shared. I was afraid of looking at him in the eyes and falling for him. No emotions, no feelings involved. We just released some pent-up frustration we had.

" The clock on the wall " I say, finally looking at him. My first look was towards his lips. I had to bite my tongue to look at him in the eyes. I couldn't think about this, not now not here.

" What about it? " He relaxes his body beside mine as i still drink my coffee.

" Why is it counting down? " I look at the clock that now has 1 hour left. " I don't get it " I shrug.

" Is just a clock, c'mon Ash " He nods towards the table, sitting there with everyone as i looked at the clock. Why was it counting down?

Daryl suddenly leaned on the counter.

" You see the clock? " He whispers, i look at him and i nod.

" It's time to ask Doc what's that's about " I say to Daryl and he nods. Chewing on his tumb, his attention is suddenly elsewhere, Crystal had sat down in one of the empty chairs.

A smile crossed my lips as i watched him paying close attention to her.

'' So Doc '' Heads turn in my direction as i speak. The Doctor in question looks up at me as he too drinks his coffee. He knew i was going to ask some questions again. '' Back to the question from yesterday..'' He got up from his seat and walked towards the hall, stopping in his tracks once he saw that no one was following him.

'' I think it's time i explain to you all, what really has happened ''  He says, and that makes everyone in the room stand up and follow the doctor.

Once again I stay behind the crowd as we walk into the control room. Before I can enter the space, Rick's hands stop me from going any further.

'' Ashley, we've talked about this. ''

'' There's a clock on that wall counting down, one single man in a facility that's supposed to control all the diseases out in the world. And you want me to keep silent? I can't do that Rick, i respect you but i also need answers. Starting with that clock and why he hasn't moved to the world and keeps being here locked up '' I explain to Rick, a determined look was plastered all over my face, I was done with his orders. We needed answers. And I was going to get them, one way or another.

'' I agree Rick '' Shane's voice is heard in front of us. His hands on the loop of his jeans, something I noticed he did a lot. He looked at his best friend and former companion.