All Hallows' Eve Eve

“Why are we going to New York again?” Stefan asks falling on Elena’s bed with a groan.

“Because, my dear Stefan, one of my best friends and your brother, who you wuv is in pain and we gotta be there for him.” Elena replies in a teasing tone while laying her clothes out to pack.

“I don’t see why we can’t be there for him here.” Stefan says helping Elena fold her clothes.

“Because he loves New York and he needs to feed from the vein, which he can’t do here. This also gives us a chance to test a theory of mine.”

“Which is?” He asks.

“I think if you let go of all your guilt, you’d be able to feed properly.” She says making his eyes go wide.

“What? No way, El. I don’t want to kill anyone.” Stefan says shaking his head.

“And you won’t. I’ll be there every step of the way. Look, we’ll get drunk, cry, and tell awesome stories, you know, bond. Then will go from there.” She assures placing her hands on his shoulders.

At his scared and conflicted expression Elena continues,

“Hey, I’m not gonna force you to do anything. If we get there and you don’t want to, that’s completely fine. I just want you to be happy with yourself.” She says with a shrug making Stefan smile and bring her into a hug.
______
“Blessèd All Hallows’ Eve eve, my Darlings.” Elena says sitting down at the outdoor table occupied by the entire Scooby Gang.

“Hey, El. Jer.” Matt greets with a nod as they all say hello.
“You all packed, Ellie?” Caroline asks.

“Yep. This afternoon me and the delicious Salvatore brothers set off to the big city for wine, woman, and song.” She says dreamily making the group laugh.

“How’s Damon?” Bonnie asks.

“Heartbroken. But not as bad as last time, I guess.” She shrugs as they nod.

“Well, tell him if he needs anything, we’re here for him.” Caroline says like the sweetheart that she is.

“Yes, and by anything, we mean anything.” Vicki assures with a smirk emphasizing the last word making the boys groan and the girls laugh.

________
Elena hears a car horn and runs out the door with her bags, already having said her goodbyes.

Outside Stefan meets her and carries her bags to the car while she jumps over the door landing in the back seat.

“How you doing, Day?” Elena asks leaning over the seat as Stefan gets in the car.

“Good, actually. Better if you’d get your shoes off the leather.” He says gesturing to the way she sitting.

“Sure thing. Love the car by the way, it just screams 'my dad never loved me.' ” She teases sitting back and taking off her boots, making Stefan laugh and Damon bring a hand to his heart in mock betrayal.

“Must you bring up all my emotional trauma? I’m mourning a lost love, Ellie. Have some compassion.” He scolds.

“I would never steal Stefan’s thing.” She says offended leaning forward and kissing Stefan’s cheek making him smile and Damon roll his eyes.
_________
Hopping out of Damon’s car Elena looks at the hotel in awe.

“Holy shit! This place is the tits!” She exclaims making the brothers laugh as they get out of the car.

“I agree. Your Barbie done good.” Damon says throwing arm around her shoulder as Stefan gets the bags.