Reborn

Sharing a name with the main character of her favorite show who she hates, has been the cause of the occasion annoying question,
"Do you like the show because of your name?"

"Do you watch because of Elena?"

"Is Elena your favorite because of your name?"

To which she answered

"No."

"Go away."

"Fuck off."

Okay, so that's a bit harsh she doesn't hate Elena. She doesn't really like her either, she's a bit boring and a little whiny.
But she doesn't dislike her for all the reasons everyone says like she's selfish, manipulative, slutty, or fake.
If she was any of those Elena might actually like her, like Katherine Pierce/ Katerina Petrova the "Baddest Bitch of All".

She's just not well written. She's to selfless to the point of exhaustion. She has no power or backbone, she has to rely on everyone else to protect her. Getting so many people killed in the process. Like a whole ass sire line.

In conclusion, being launched out of the very fictional Isobel Flemming's vagina to be caught by a doctor who a little to loudly announced "It's a girl!" was complete shit.

Yes, the 17 year old antisocial party girl just woke up as Elena Fucking Gilbert.

ELENA FUCKING GILBERT

Elena "please come to my rescue because I have to rely on whichever salvawhore I'm currently dating to save me" Gilbert

Elena "mary sue who is not at all powerful" Gilbert

Powerless, defenseless, smoking hot doppelganger Elena Gilbert.

Not gorgeous, badass, crazy powerful, albeit a little judgy witch, Bonnie Bennett.

Not insecure and bitchy in the first season, but eventually adorable little vampire bean, Caroline Forbes.

Not perpetually human Matt Donovan.

Not an anger riddled werewolf Tyler Lockwood.

Not sarcastic and crazy hot Damon Salvatore.

Not broody yet somehow still sexy Stefan Salvatore.

Not drugged out Vicki Donovan

Not undiagnosedly depressed Jeremy Gilbert.

Not even some fake version of myself created specifically for this universe.

But, Elena Gilbert. Fuck me.