What are you hiding, Steven?

I pulled to a stop in front of Dr. O'Connell's Therapy Center. We got out and headed toward the front door. It automatically opened when we stepped on the front mattress. A nurse approached us as soon as we entered.

The nurse gave us a smile. "Steven, how can I help you?"

"We're looking for Dr. O'Connell?" Steven asked.

"Ah, yes," said the Nurse. "He's been waiting for you in his office."

We returned it with a smile as well. We shifted toward the stairs, heading at the third floor. At a long corridor with lights beaming as nurses and doctors passed by us, they kept looking at us, me specifically. Their stare was intimidating to watch, I daresay. A few patients did the same thing in an unusual stare which was uncomfortable.

The last door at the end of the corridor with Dr. O'Connell's name plated on the wall, we knocked. He responded from the inside, saying that we should enter. I swung the door open and he was taking a book out of his shelf.

He spoke, "Ah! Steven, just in time. I just finished my favorite morning coffee and egg pie from my wife, she made it for me and I'm completely obsessed with it."

"I, uh, I'm sorry that I didn't visit you for five sessions already. I'm a bit off on schedule," he replied.

"No worries, my dear. In fact, those days when you were gone, I've been in one heck of a ride of patients too." He turned to face us and was entirely surprised when he saw me. It almost seemed like he saw a ghost. "Oh my goodness—what is going on?"

Steven introduced me, "Oh, this is my gem, Pink."

"Hello," I greeted.

He made a weird wave of his hand with a weird expression coated on his face. "Well, uh, nice to meet you." He put the book down and went in front. "Now, Steven, go ahead and sit down."

Steven sat on the cushion as Dr. O'Connell sat across another cushion with a document in his hand. I went over to the side.

"Okay, what I'm going to do is, I'm going to perform EMDR; I'm going to ask you some questions and you're going to answer them. You need to focus on me, okay?"

Steven nodded.

Dr. O'Connell showed both his index finger and middle finger and moved it from left-to-right in a moderate tempo. Steven kept looking at his fingers occasionally which it shouldn't be done.

"Focus on me, not my fingers."

He stopped seconds later and then questioned him, "Now tell me: what have you been doing recently?"

"Well, I've closed myself for days, not eating normally, not going to work, haven't been socializing to anyone—I've kinda' been depressed lately."

Dr. O'Connell leaned a bit closer. "What causes you to feel depressed?"

Steven couldn't respond.

"Okay, look at me, Steven." Dr. O'Connell performed EMDR again, he stopped a few seconds after.

"It's, uh..." Steven slightly furrowed his brow as he heaved a sigh.

"Take your time."

Steven began weeping, accompanied with frequent sniffs. "I...I've been in a horrible breakup with my girlfriend. She cheated on me and ghosted me just like that. Worst part is, they had sex. There was this...person, who tried to warn me about her actions and sent me a video of her and the other guy in his bedroom doing that.