Draco's confession.

The weeks after Ginnys and Hermiones talk Hermione had hardly seen Lucius. Which gave her the opportunity to think about what they had. She had decided not to name what they had, because it was not dating it was more like casual sex. Though Lucius was a great guy she and him spent little time getting to know each other. This was all fine with her, though her gole was to catch Dracos eye she soon realize that she dose not want to date right now. So taking the advice of Ginny she decided to enjoy her youth and live a little.

When she arrived at work she found herself in the Lyft with her friend Ron.

"Hello Ron" hermione said stepping into the Lyft.

"Herrmmioneeee" Ron drawled out her name. "What is with this new look. I LIKE IT"

"Just something different." Hermione shrugged as she looked down at herself. Her emerald blouse with a low neck like was tucked into high waisted black trousers. Her hair pulled into a low bun. The Lyft door then opend and ron stepped out and turned to Hermione.

"Beautiful, keep dressing like that I just might let you out if the friendzone." He winked.
Hermione laughed as the Lyft doors closed.

The day went by pretty normal. She managed to get a lot done.

It was the end of the day and Hermione was packing looking forward to a nice weekend when a knock on her cubicle fought her attrition. She sat down the files in her hand and turned.

"Draco, hello." She said brightly.

"Hermione can I have a word with you."

"Sure. Have a seat." She gestured to the chair on the opposite side of her desk.

"Its about my father"

"Ok" hermione said cautiously.

"Well I know about you two."

"Righy, Draco if you-"

He held up a hand to stop her. "Just listen" she nodded. "After mother died he has been in sort of a rut so to speak. He would be found taking almost any single witch home and licking her out the next day. But then you came along being more beautiful then ever and- well he seems different. I really think he likes you. Which is weird. I mean we are close in age. But it's nice seeing him come home happy and not with a random witch on his arm. And he did tell me about you trying to catch my eye." Draco smiled. "I think he respects you enough to let you decide. And though I would really like to-" he cleared his throat. "you should go to him. If a man is willing to give up on a girl to make her happier that says a lot. So please go to him."

Hermione starred at Draco after he stopped talking for a moment.

"So your saying your dad likes me and I should be with him?"

"Yes now go he is at the manor alone." Draco got up. "Dont give up on him. He has a good heart."

Hermione starred at the spot Draco just left from and processed all the information. Draco said go to his dad. Lucius likes her. Lucius seems more happy after being with her. Hermione stood up and left the Ministry.

She stood for a solid five minutes in front of the door. It was like she was frozen in place. It was a lot to take in. So she knocked.  She did not have to wait much longer when the door opend and there stood Lucius.

"Hermione what a pleasant surprise." Lucius said.