83. The Revelation (part two) | scene 86

Posted September 5th, 2020

This time, I heard crying.

Full-on sobs when I started coming back to life. I saw the familiar mop of red hair on my body, subtly wetting my robe with salty water.

When I opened my eyes this time, I knew it was the right one. I didn't feel tired. I didn't feel like my soul was being pulled out of my body.

I felt relaxed.

First, I touched her head. Although I felt that she wanted to turn her head, she didn't. she embraced the touch. Bathed in it. Stayed as long as possible, feared that when she turns around, I wouldn't be awake.

I helped her. "I forgive you. And I accept you back." I whispered.

At that, she slowly turned her eyes. For long seconds, she only looked into my eyes, trying to figure out if I was real. Her bags were almost black, and she had lost some of her face fat.

I didn't like how she looked now. Bony, and tired deep in her soul.

She reached out a hand that touched my face. My lips first. Then it extended to my eyes. I closed them under her fingers then opened them after.

I was feeling very emotional. I felt so deeply in touch with my emotions that I thought I had- I had become Sensitive.

"I'm real." I said.

This time, she jumped on me. And even though she hurt my fragile bones. I still hugged her back.

Being in a coma is tricky. It's scary, and confusing for the people in it. You need a reason to pull you back. and just like Cherry was one of the main reasons I decided to perform the experiment in the first place- be enough for her to come back to me- she was also one of the reasons why I came back.

She told me the whole story with Blake. Although, it angered me. It also comforted me. She wasn't mean. She had just been abducted- is that the word for being detained against your will?

Love hurts. But love also kisses your wounds away.

Love heals.

And forgiveness is hard. Maybe the power in forgiveness doesn't lie in being at peace with pain people inflicted on you. But also being able to accept the people who want to be a part of your life, no matter their past.

Maybe it means being okay with giving second chances.

A few days later, when I could stand up, I hugged everybody that was in my room, and really that stood by me these last few months. I was feeling very grateful, and happy for all of them. I The only missing person was Calumn, as usual.

When finished hugging everybody, I noticed my arm. Specifically where there should have been marks of my skin being opened.

"you passed out, and fell into a coma before we could start." Mother whispered, holding my arm. "I'm sorry. Maybe another time?"

I laughed, shaking my head, and was met with about a dozen of puzzled pairs of eyes. I looked at Mother, still about a head shorter.

I draped my arm over her shoulder, and looked at everybody. "I don't need a stupid surgery to tell me I can feel. I know I do. And I accept the fact no matter the results I got last time."

I saw them. the relieved eyes. The grateful one. The ones that were jumping with happiness.

They were all mixed with a bit of cleverness.

They knew I could feel all along. I was the only one oblivious.

"I'm such a stubborn person. But what would you all do without me?"

I earned laughs, and smiles. From everybody. Everybody. My whole family. Not just blood.

I didn't hear quite frankly, their responses. But unlike old Autumn, I didn't try to listen because of my insecure self. I trusted the responses to be positive. And that's how it should feel with your family.

You can trust your family with almost every piece of information about you.

Family isn't about who's related to you. It's about who wants to be by your side, and fights for it. That's what makes it perfect- perfect for you.