80. The Fight (part one) | scene 84

Posted September 5th, 2020

I arrived to the surgery room panting.

I thought I had time to start it before Blake catches up with me. But I was wrong.

He must have defeated my bodyguards in front of the holding, where they had intercepted us. I had barely been in the room inside the room when heavy footsteps' steps started slowing down, and Blake appeared in the doorway with stormy eyes.

I turned around fast, like a scared cat.

He looked at me like a predator who finally caught his prey. Greedy. With hooded and angry eyes. Behind him appeared about ten people.

"here already?" I said, gulping down my nervousness. I wanted to sound confident, and with a little hope from me and visualization, I did.

He stepped inside. "I can't keep myself too far from you."

I shivered. What a crappy person. Imagine being his child. Yes, I was scared. A lot. I didn't want to fight with him, or him to sabotage anything. But I also wasn't going to let him stop me.

It helped that I had a plan. This time, I had been smarter. And he had to accept that fact once he knew. Especially that the police was on their way.

His guards created this half circle around him. As I thought of how I would leave the room, I got an idea. It was risky, and the chances of succeeding were very low. But I had to try.

Sometimes you just got to go for it. And it works out in the end.

I started setting up the sheet on the bed, and turn on the machines. I was trying to trigger Blake, so he'd get away from the door. After making a beeline for the door, I'd lock them inside. The surgery wasn't happening there. It was happening in another room, one only a handful of us went to, knew about, and set up.

Just as expected, he came running. "hey!" he said.

I pretended to go right, but at the last second started running left. I managed to escape.

As I saw the door coming getting closer, I smiled wider, and my eyes lit up. I was finally going to-

I was yanked backwards, and fell to the floor, with Blake in my sight field.

"no." I heard Tess yell, and someone jump on him. But it couldn't be her. and then we locked eyes over his head.

Her eyes were hooded. Indescribable. But something was so obvious in them that I knew. I understood what had been going on for years now and happened again under my eyes- was happening again under my eyes.

His bodyguards weren't anybody. Their silence had meaning now. My bodyguards downstairs. My friends over the years. Them bugging me to trust them.

I got flashes of important event in my life. It was like watching a fast movie of every important clip in my life.

I stood up with the revelation.

Sure enough, I was convinced it was my family under the masks. Especially when they fought against his bareheaded soldiers when they came in. Even under the mask, I recognized my family;

Daniel, Cherry, Ken, Tasnim, Amber, Isic. Calumn, too.

I started walking to the secret door to meet the people for the experiment upstairs, when a hand caught me. Blake again.

I hit him in the groin, and it made him angry. He started punching and kicking without mercy. And I fought and defended myself without mercy on him. All my family was fighting against some of his minions because my bodyguards were being held outside by other of his minions. He was everywhere. And they came to help me even when I told repeatedly to not get involved the other day?

God- god ? - God please have mercy on us, and keep them all as who they are.

Someone grabbed him by the arms and pulled him away from me. But he had time to kick me in the back of the leg just before being completely out of reach. I fell, screaming my heart out, and caught his eyes when rubbing my pain. In that moment, staring into pitch dark eyes, a shiver started at the top of my head, and stopped at the end of my toes.

He was the scariest man I had ever seen in my entire life.

I stood up after a few seconds, and limping, tried to reach the door. Time was rolling, and we had to start. But stopped last second in front of it. I couldn't leave to do it just like that. What if I died?

I should have said that I wasn't doing the surgery anymore, because I realized the truth. That it wasn't worth risk losing everybody and the chances were high after I had just been in a coma. I knew what I felt, and it was real.

But there was also the little voice that said what if there's more and you'll be missing out. This is your last chance.

So I fought one more time. "I have been so blind all this time. But now, I opened my eyes. Family and friends, thank you all for always coming to help even when I think I don't need you. You guys are always looking out for me. That's love. And now, I'm fighting back for you all. And I understand. You must find the strength o accept the people whose actions prove to you they want to be a part of your life."

I noticed the tiredness in some of their eyes, and their slumped figures. But I also saw hope in the people that looked at me. I met Daniel's eyes, and saw him coming after me. He knew how to open the door. He knew about the second room. Maybe he was the one who told them I might need their help?

He came after, because Blake jumped on him. In his depressed speech while he knew his end had come, he started rambling. "all I ever wanted was to be a family again with Roxanne, the one I traumatised. But now, Autumn will know the truth. And I wont be able to use it as leverage. I wont be able to go back to my child Ian, and my love. I even lost Cherry, my best friend!"

Child Ian? What about Isic, his brother?

"Our friendship died years ago!" I heard her yell. "best friends don't keep the other hostage. Because of you, I almost lost my family. Thank you for teaching me what matters."

I turned around and saw her twist his arm as she made him stand up, officially defeated. There was an unfamiliar anger, and violence in her eyes, along with hurt. He had hurt my mother. what had I just heard? What kind of sick family drama had been happening under my eyes all these years?

I saw a hand move in my peripherical vision. Amber, standing on the side with a sweaty, swollen and red face, made a motion that pushed forward. I smiled at her. yes. I had to go.

Amber had changed. She wasn't paralyzed by fear to worsen things when helping someone anymore. I smiled wider. I liked her new her even more. Coming from outside, I heard the police's car's sound. Help had come. The mess was finally getting untangled.

With one last lingering glance, I slipped through the door, with a fear of the future seizing my heart with two suffocating hands.