12. Never Be Friends With Past Betrayers (part 1)

Enjoy this new bonus chapter.

Hope you all have a great day. Thank you for reading. Don't forget to check out my poetry book, vote here, and leave me a comment. Love you all so much. 

And please stay safe because Covid19 is not ready to take us out yet. Lol :)

All I wanted was to get rid of him.

but Isaac was sticking to me more than a chewing gum stuck on the back my shoe. he was also hardheaded. I guess it should not be a surprise because he had always been. Just like me.

the fact that he didn't change much from the person he was when we were younger amazes me. Somehow, he was still the same person. But in some ways, he was very different.

I was getting back to work after my lunch break around 3 when I heard someone calling my name. I could tell they were far - about 50 meters- but I could still hear them because I had super sensitive ears. I stopped in my track on the stairs. then I continued walking.

the second time I had to look for them. I turned around, and put a hand to cover my eyes from the sun, looking for the source of the voice. For a good 20 seconds, I couldn't spot anyone. But when they called a third time, I did.

It was Isic.

But I was so far away, and there was no reason he'd come see me when he had met me once and we did not do well around each other. I believed it wasn't him. But he jogged towards me. As he got closer, I realized two things; one it was him. Two, his left arm was bleeding profusely.

I didn't know what to think about what was going on.

He stopped in front of me, looking at me dead in the eyes.

"I need you to treat my arm."

I took a step back. "I can't do that."

"Yes, you can. You're practically a doctor." His eyes were wide, and questioning. Yes, I had a degree. But I couldn't legally treat people. Especially not in the lab.

Father's threatening words came back to me. One more time, and you won't be under my protection. Father was a One, because of the score he had on the international test. That made him one of the highest-paid people there, and most respected. Because I was his daughter, people never dared to step on my toes. I would lose all of that.

But if I didn't help him, I would lose my humanity. Or whatever bit I had.

I was also terrified of blood. And his arm was like a tap. One after the other, the drops of blood almost created a pool of blood around us.

"let's go."

I took the stairs four at a time. I was focused on treating him ASAP. We may have had a bad fight when I was younger. But we had a history. And we were the same people.

I looked back to see if he was keeping up. And he was. But I could see he was growing tired. How many liters of blood had he lost already?

In front of the front doors, I froze, and waited for him. My Father's disgusted voice echoed in my mind. "You are bringing shame to our name with your careless behavior. This is not a hospital. If I see you one more time treating someone again, I will call the the Cops myself. This reckless behavior cannot go on any further."

Isic, now beside me, noticed my weird expression. "Why do you look disgusted?" he said, peering at me from my right side.

"I-nothing." I turned around. We were in front of my past, my future, and my only source of bread. It's where I wished to work my whole life, and where I ended up working. I didn't want to ruin my spot there.