26. Follow The Advice Of The One Who Cares

Posted august 3rd, 2020

The very next day after I read Ken and Calumn's conversation, him and his teammates came to my office to interrogate me.

I was at my computer the four men knocked on my office door, saying they wanted to talk to me.

I said yes, making an excuse to go shut off secretly my computer then came back. Everyone at Toroyal knew that if the Enforcers of Peace came to interrogate you, they probably thought you were breaking the law.

I technically wasn't.

But somehow they knew. Did someone tell them about the experiment I was doing ?

How would they know and did they ?

The three men were on one sofa, I was on a loveseat in front of them. Calumn's was to my left.

His face was tensed.

I tried to ignore his gaze.

"Okay, I'm ready."

A man with popping muscles and severe blue eyes started talking.

"What have you been up to these past months?"

I tried to act like me, to not be expose myself and answer confidently. "I have been working like the usual."

"Is there any personal projects you've been working on to the side?"

"Yes. I've been trying to get more fit and eat healthier."

"Why?"

"I needed something to pass bye energy on."

At that moment, Father came and stood at my office door. Before I looked at him, i didn't miss the look he exchanged with Calumn. What did that bow of the head mean ?

He gave me the same thing in the split second I looked at him, but touched his temple. I knew that sign. He used it all the time.

"Be smart." He mouthed.

I focused on the man again.

"What about work? Have you been to the Science Council recently ?"

This was a trick question.

"Yes." Don't give more info than needed.

Calumn looked at The Bulk guy, then at me. What did that look mean?

Calumn took over. His voice wa steeped and scarier nothing to do with the man of last time.
Could he be capable of evil too?

"Day, time and reason for the visit."

"April 5, and 7 at seven. I went to talk to them about a project from a client I wasn't sure about."

"why did you not ask you me father?"

"He was busy and I needed the approval and advice of multiple advisers."

"Why not several people at the workplace? Why the councillors?"

I looked at him. "They have more experience and time."

They stood up all at once.

"Alright. We're done here. Thank you for your time."

"Stay safe." Said the bull guy.

It felt more like a warning.

"Be careful." He was saying.

When Calumn was leaving, he turned his head to the left almost like he knew Father was there.

In the same motion, the corners of his mouth lifted.

What was thae supposed to mean ?