"He was doing, like, ranch work. They were picking him up or something." Hanson informs them.

"When was that?" Nick inquires.

"Four, five weeks ago." Gracie responds.

"Do you know where they picked him up or who picked him up?" Nick questions.

"No." Hanson states.

"Well, do you remember what happened the last time that you guys saw him? Did anything weird happen?" Isabelle asks.

"After we took him to the clinic." Gracie realizes as she looks up at her brother.

"The free clinic on 15th?" Hank inquires.

"Yeah." Hanson confirms.

"Was he involved in any groups or gangs?" Hank questions.

"No. Not him." Hanson scoffs.

"Being around more than three people made him uncomfortable." Gracie remarks.

"Well, thank you." Nick replies and pauses before reaching down, grabbing a necklace, and tossing some money in the basket on Gracie's towel. "You know what — my girlfriend is going to love this.

"Softie." Hank mutters.

"And not just personality wise." Isabelle teases before high fiving with Hank. "And Team Hankbelle wins again."

✯               ✯               ✯

"Hi." Nick greets showing his badge to the front desk clerk as him, Isabelle, and Hank enter the clinic. "Who gets to talk to the police?"

"That would be our office manager, Tom Daniels. Let me see if he's available." The clerk responds before picking up her phone. "Tom, three police officers are here to talk to you. Uh-huh. Okay. He's thrilled. Through the door. I'll let you in."

"Thank you." Isabelle smiles as they walk through the door and as they head towards the back a man in the middle of eating a sandwich walks up to them. "Are you Tom, the office manager?"

"Yes, that I am." Tom confirms. "Oh, sorry. You've got to eat when you can around here."

"No worries, sir. We understand." Isabelle assures him.

"So what's up?" Tom asks.

"I'm Detective Griffin and this is Detective Burkhardt and Detective Kessler." Hank introduces. "We'd like to ask you a couple of questions about a patient you treated here."

"Absolutely." Tom nods.

"His name was, uh, Steven Bamford." Nick adds handing Tom a picture of the victim.

"Hm, he looks familiar." Tom muses before handing back the photo.

"So he's definitely come here before, then?" Isabelle inquires.

"Well, if he's on the streets I'm sure he was treated here at some point. I can check the records." Tom suggests.

"Perfect — after you." Isabelle grins and they all follow Tom to his desk.

Beginnings ➣ Monroe [1]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें