10 | LONELYHEARTS PT. 1

✯               ✯               ✯

"Alright, Mister Information, what do you got?" Isabelle inquires as she sips her coffee.

"Driver of the car is Leroy Kent. Says he's driving home from work, drives onto the bridge, sees the victim running, she runs right in front of his car. Says it happened so fast, couldn't do anything." Hank informs them.

"You get an I.D. on the vic?" Nick asks.

"No wallet, no purse. Looks like she just got out of bed." Hank remarks.

"You know, that's exactly what I do when I wake up. I get out of bed and run in the middle of the road. It's just thrilling." Isabelle retorts, obviously being sarcastic. "So, does Mr Kent have any alcohol in his system?"

"A little, but he's under the limit." Hank shrugs.

"Any witnesses?" Nick questions.

"Well, driver said there was one other guy, told him to call 9-1-1, but he didn't stick around. We got guys out doing a canvas now." Hank tells him.

"Mr Kent. I'm Detective Kessler, these are my partners Detective Burkhardt and Griffin." Isabelle introduces.

"How are you feeling?" Nick inquires.

"Is she dead?" Leroy asks.

"Yes, sir." Isabelle responds.

"At first I.. I, I thought she might be okay. I mean, the guy said she was still breathing." Leroy explains.

"Is this the guy who told you to call 9-1-1?" Hank questions.

"Yes." Leroy nods. "I.. I ran over there as soon as it happened. And he just walked up."

"So what happened to him?" Isabelle inquires.

"I don't know. I.. I called 9-1-1, I looked back, he was gone." Leroy answers.

"What did he look like?" Isabelle asks.

"I couldn't tell you. I was pretty shook up. I was paying attention to her." Leroy admits, crying at the end.

"We're done if you guys want to take a look." Emilia, the ME, interjects.

"Yeah." Nick states.

"Thank you, Mr Kent." Hank replies as the three detectives follow Emilia to the body. "Barefoot, ready for bed, but still wearing makeup."