13 | DANSE MACABRE PT. 1

✯               ✯               ✯

After taking a quick shower Isabelle dries off before grabbing her robe and make her way into her room. Pulling out an outfit she begins getting ready for the day. Picking up her phone she responds to two unread texts as she walks to the kitchen. After hearing a loud bang coming from the hallway she grabs her gun, slowly opening the door before realizing it was just her drunk neighbor.

"Sorry. I was just saying goodbye to Tiffany." Rodger explains motioning to the blonde next to him.

"Don't worry about it. Just try to keep the noise down." Isabelle warns him.

"Will do, Isabelle." Rodger nods.

"Wonderful." Isabelle says as her phone rings and she quickly answers it. "Detective Kessler."

"We got a case." Nick states.

"Perfect timing. I'm on my way." Isabelle smiles before hanging up. "Have a good one, Mr Harley."

✯               ✯               ✯

"Detectives Burkhardt, Kessler, and Griffin — this Assistant Principle Grace Kaplan. She found the body about an hour ago. Says it's Paul Lawson, a music teacher here." Wu tells them.

"He was the director of the music program." Grace adds before sighing. "I just can't believe this has happened. It's so horrible."

"Well, do you want to tell us what happened?" Nick questions.

"I saw the car when I came in this morning. It's a little unusual for anyone to be here before me, that's why I walked over to the car." Grace explains as she begins to cry. "I'm sorry."

"It's alright, ma'am. We know that this is hard." Isabelle reassures her. "Hey, Jackson. Make sure that you get her statement."

"Looks to me like it happened sometime last night. He's been dead for a few hours. Cars locked. We kept it that way." Wu informs them as they walk towards the car where the body was. "We got some evidence inside, didn't want it to get away."

"Those are rats." Isabelle comments.

"Indeed they are." Wu nods.

"Death by rat?" Nick inquires shocked.

"Looks like." Wu replies.

"Oh, god. Rats. I can't stand rats." Hank groans.

"Where's the coroner?" Isabelle questions.