Vocal Rest

Connor was enjoying himseld singing at the top of his lungs as Brad stared at him with an annoyed look on his face but the blond ignored him and kept singing that song they both love to sing together.

And I didn't wanna write a song
'Cause I didn't want anyone thinking I still care
I don't, but you still hit my phone up
And baby, I'll be movin' on
And I think you should be somethin' I don't wanna hold back
Maybe you should know that

Bras was engaged in an internal battle.

He could have avoided this whole situation and be singing along, but the concert he attended last night was epic and he couldn't not enjoy it. As a result, he cannot talk for a whole day.

He wanted to join his friend so badly until his voice was gone, but he was already in that situation and the doctor made his instructions quite clear. Brad had no choice but to obey the doctor's instructions: "Drink plenty of water, take the prescribed medication and don't strain your voice for twenty-four hours". But Connor was not making it that easy.

My mama don't like you and she likes everyone
And I never like to admit that I was wrong
And I've been so caught up in my job, didn't see what's going on
But now I know, I'm better sleeping on my own

Brad began humming the song.

Cause if you like the way you look that much

"You mustn't strain your voice. Let me sing to you." Connor pounced on him, placing his hand on the wavy haired boy's lips to shut him.

Oh, baby, you should go and love yourself
And if you think that I'm still holding on
To something, you should go and love yourself

Another song played and Connor enjoyed watching Brad not being able to sing. He could see it in the way he looked at him. His jaw was tense. His brow furrowed. And his veins stood out on his neck with anger. He wanted to kill Connor. His gaze was penetrating. His eyes stared at Connor in a way he couldn't even describe and, for once, feared his friend. But he kept going.

I do the same thing I told you that I never would
I'd told you I'd change, even when I knew I never could
I know that I can't find nobody else as good as you
I need you to stay, need you to stay, hey

And kept going.

I get drunk, wake up, I'm wasted still
I realise the time that I wasted here
I feel like you can't feel the way I feel
I'll be fucked up if you can't be right here

He didn't need to do anything else to drive Brad to the brink of madness. His brown haired friend shut him up by putting a scarf around his mouth. And he used the seatbelt to wrap it around him tightly as they made their way to the place where they would be working today.

"HAHAHA!" Tristan and James burst out laughing when they saw what Brad, who was smiling triumphantly, did to the younger man.

Tristan took out his phone and recorded the funny scenario as he and James kept on making fun of Connor. The whole way they had gone quietly because they knew that when they pissed Brad off, he didn't react very well to teasing. And, clearly, Connor had gotten on his nerves. And it was fun to see Connor in the situation he got himself into.

Arriving there, the boys began to get out of the car. Brad got out first, so that James and Tristan, who were in the back seats, could get out as well. Brad put the seat back in its place, but then decided to leave it unsettled and close the door.

"You're not gonna let him out?" James asked.

Brad simply shrugged his shoulders in response.

"Come on, man. Let him out." Tris suggested.

Brad opened the door of the car revealing a Connor trying to utter words through the clothing that prevented him from doing so. All that could be heard were groans and words that could not be understood. He enjoyed watching a desperate Connor trying to free himself, call for help, and beg for forgiveness.

Brad left him like that for about three more minutes until he decided that Connor had received enough punishment. Set him free for the blood to start flowing through his veins again.

"That hurt." Connor confessed.

"You fucking prick. You got yourself into this." Tristan said.

"I know. And I'm sorry." Connor apologised to Brad.

"It'll take you more than that." James stated.

"For God's sake! Shut up you two! I'm trying to apologise!"

"See you inside guys. Let's go Tris." James motioned Tristan for them to go inside.

Once the smallest ones were left alone, Connor's gaze travelled to the floor. He knew he fucked up. He knew Brad was mad at him and he was not brave enough to look him in the eye. He knew he had to apologise. But he felt like shit.

With his thumb, Brad, he lifted Connor's chin so that their gazes met. He looked at him softly. That was all it took for Connor to understand that Brad forgave him without saying anything. Brad pulled him into a hug which Connor returned back.

"Sorry not sorry." Connor finally whispered in his ear.