2

Yoongi

Although it's my day off, I'm up in my room, sitting in front of the keyboard.

The rest of the group are at the dorm as well, all variously doing their own things: Jungkook is playing Mario Kart with Seokjin, Jimin and Taehyung are with Yeontan in Taehyung's room, Hoseok is supposedly reading in his room and Namjoon is with Ash. Yet, somehow, with all the people at the dorm, it still manages to feel lonely.

I play one of the keyboard keys listlessly, the repeated sound doing nothing to spark my creativity. I'm working on my solo for the next album, but it's going harder than I expected. Usually melodies and ideas come to me quite easily, and then it takes a good few tries to get the lyrics right, but today it seems that my mind is empty. I glance around my room, continuing to play that one note, an overwhelming sense filling me that something's missing. And then my heart sinks, when I realise what's going on.

My soulmate.

After Namjoon bonded with his soulmate, I was happy for him. He deserved a rest, something positive in his life, that wasn't just with the band. He needed someone to rely on, someone who could support him. As the leader, he puts a lot of pressure on himself to be the best and keep on being professional, so when he bonded, he found his happiness again. But it's been nearly four months since he bonded and everything has settled down. Whilst he's now more relaxed, the rest of us are different. Hoseok has taken to practising harder, Seokjin focusing on improving his singing and I've found that I'm working more. The Maknae line are less worried, since they're still young. The rest of us are getting older and we're nearly past the prime time to find our soulmates. There's a feeling within the group, that even though we've got each other, we don't want to be lonely for the rest of our lives. At the end of the day, we're just a bunch of adult men living together, friends but not as close as we will be with our soulmates.

Looking around my room now, I can almost picture them. I see the figure of my soulmate lying on my bed, riffling through my closet and as I stare, I realise how lonely I am. I had no idea how isolated from the rest of the group I've been feeling.

I turn back to the keyboard, deciding to play some minor chords. The sound fits my mood and for what feels like ages, I just sit there, playing minor chords up and down the keyboard, drowning alone in my thoughts.

At some point, there's a knock at my bedroom door and I turn my head, to see Jungkook peeking in.

"Come on Hyung, we've got to go shopping."

I sigh, rising from my chair, "Why do I have to be so bad at Rock, paper scissors? This is the second week in a row I've had to do the shopping."

Jungkook just shrugs his shoulders in response, a bunny smile on his face.

"Don't worry Hyung, you're not as bad as me. This is my third week." He says.

"Maybe we should just cheat next time and get someone else to do it."

I make my way over to the door, Jungkook backing up so I can walk out and once we're outside, I shut the door. We walk down the corridor and towards the stairs, Jungkook just a couple of steps behind me.

"How do you cheat at Rock, paper, scissors?" His voice comes questioningly from behind me.

"No clue, but believe me when I say that I'm going to find out how."

We walk into the living room, to find Seokjin and Taehyung on the sofa. Neither of them notice us as we make our way to the front door, but as we're slipping our shoes on, I turn to Jungkook.

"Do you have the shopping list?"

His eyes widen and he shakes his head.

I roll my eyes, "Go get it from Seokjin Hyung. I'll wait for you in the car."