28

Yoongi

"How are you feeling Sweetheart? I know that you didn't sleep great last night."

Charlie collapses on the sofa next to me and she leans her head back, green eyes slipping closed. She's just walked into my studio, apparently wanting a break from working, since she's not exactly in the best state for getting stuff done. Charlie looks exhausted and I don't blame her for wanting a break.

"I just want to close my eyes and fall asleep. Even blinking at the minute is hard. I'm guessing this is probably what you feel like after dance practise." She replies and opens her eyes again. She leans forwards, turning her gaze to me and I can clearly see the fatigue in her eyes.

I shrug, "I'm actually less tired today, since practise wasn't so rigorous. Do you want to have a nap and I'll wake you up in an hour or so?"

Charlie shakes her head sluggishly, "Nope. I doubt that you'll be able to wake me up if I fall asleep. Besides, I'm supposed to be helping Ash write a song later. She said that she came up with a really good idea last night, so I said I'd help her. Just.......... help me stay awake."

A thought passes through my mind, but before I can even say anything, Charlie is blushing and speaking quickly.

"Not that."

I give her my best innocent look, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes you do, you know exactly what I'm talking about. As much as I love you Yoongi, right now isn't the best time for kissing."

"What?" I say back, "That's not what I was thinking about. Actually, I was going to ask if you wanted to listen to the song I recorded yesterday. It's for my mixtape."

Charlie thinks for a couple of seconds and then her lips widen into a beautiful smile.

"I'd love to listen to your song Yoongi."

"Great. I'll put it on and you can tell me what you think." I say and rise off of the sofa, making my way over to my desktop.

The screen has gone black, so I wiggle the mouse and it lights back up with my login screen. I type in my password and then find the recording, turning my sound on.

"What's the song called?" Charlie asks from behind me and I glance back over at her.

"Interlude: Set me free."

I press play and the music fills the room instantly, a calming melody with echoes of birds chirping in the background. I make my way back over to the sofa, sitting down next to Charlie and we listen to my work in silence. When my voice comes onto the track, it's soft and I smile at my work. The song goes on and I feel thoroughly pleased with how it's come out. Charlie is quiet beside me and I startle when a head lands on my shoulder. Turning to the side, I see that she's fallen asleep on my shoulder, her face serenely beautiful and I grin.

So much for trying to stay awake.

Slowly, I shift closer to Charlie and take a hold of her hand gently. My soulmate doesn't stir at my movements and the song ends, the studio falling silent. I decide not to wake her up and so I sit there with my sleeping soulmate, enjoying the quietness of the moment.

Sometime after, my studio door opens and Ash peaks her head in. She grins when she sees Charlie and then she steps inside, shutting the door carefully behind her.

"I had a feeling she'd be here with you." Her gaze turns to me, "I'm guessing she didn't sleep well last night? She looked particularly tired earlier."

"She didn't have a great night," I confirm, "Were you coming to find her so that you could start working on that new song?"

Ash nods, "I'll wait until she's awake."