1. i built a friend

*Image used above not mine. Sourced from pinterest.*

Nervously looking down at the machine in front of her, Hana took a deep breath.

She had found seven lost souls, all missing something in them, eyes vacant and empty.

In a world, where having no soul bonded is looked at as sin, these are dumped in a housing less than humane.

She tried her best to rescue those with a sliver of human left, still moving and trying, even as a part of them dies as time continues to pass around them.

She knew if she isn't protected by her family who looked at her with the pity she finds hard to bear, those places were where she is destined to end up. So she tried her very best to save those she can in return.

Her experiment isn't humane. Inserting wires into someone and programming them to exude a frequency that would meld with hers is definitely not. But what was she to do? This was her last-ditch effort, before the last shred of the soul keeping her moving finally caves, leaving her in those very housing she saved her subjects from.

At least here, she treats them well, caring for them personally, making sure to never go too far in her trials, trying her best to keep the life she can sometimes see in their eyes.

Looking down on the subject in front of her, she checked his files again;

Experiment Hope

Name: Jung Hoseok

Age: 23

Date of Birth: February 18 xx94

Date of Abandonment: January 20 xx09

Notes: Experiment hope still responds best after stimulating entertainment, frequency in the last test continues to show signs of changing. Works best when experiment white is near as the previous testing shows compatibility in their frequencies. Further testing required, but he is our best hope.

Hope. That word triggering an emotion inside her. How many times has she felt like hope was all but lost? This man though had pushed through every test she had given, preserved as much as she had, urging her to name him hope. As though he's the flint that ignited her to try again and again, even if only for a little shift in his results. He's her hope, as much as she's his hope.

-------

Wiping the sweat that threatened to enter her eyes, she carefully observed the experiment in front of her. One of the more stubborn ones, yet she's grateful for it, as his determination had shown through those eyes, not completely frozen like the other abandoned. 

Experiment Haze

Experiment Haze

Name:  Min Yoongi

Age:  24

Date of Birth: March 9 xx93

Date of Abandonment: December 15 xx13

Notes: Experiment haze needs little pre-treatment. Pair with experiment hope for the best outcome. Brain activity has gone up after the last treatment. Body deteriorating at an alarming rate, more care needed, and fewer tests suggested.

Experiment haze, catching her eyes from the way he stubbornly stared at her in his previous housing. She knew immediately he would be perfect, as she observed his eyes, not fully glazed over like the dozens of lifeless eyes she sees scattered around him. And as she touched his snow-white skin, she's determined to see those eyes in their full glory.

-------

Doing her last rounds before she retires for the night, she stopped near the doors of her most recent finds. 

Name: Jeon Jungkook

Name: Jeon Jungkook

Age: 20

Date of Birth: 1 September xx97

Date of Abandonment: 13 November xx16

Notes: Still little known. Not responding much from the first three trials. Small reactions to human contact (Inconclusive). Further observation required.

Jungkook. She wasn't planning on getting another subject, her hand was full of six subjects already. But the way his parents had come to her, hearing her efforts from passing rumors, deciding to take a gamble and asking with tears in their eyes for her to help their son. She had, in the end, decided to take him in. Vowing in her heart to do her best to wake him, as she would do to all of them.

Any opinions, criticism and pointers, feel free to leave a comment on this line so I can find it easier!