Chapter 5

"Nya?" Kai knocked on her door quietly, hoping not to wake up her roomate; who did not like to be disturbed during his slumber. The one on the other side of the room, however, seemed to have barely had the average amount of sleep for someone their age. "Are you ready?"

Nya exhaled shakily in her mirror, feeling tears well up in her eyes for the umpteenth time this hour. The person she had only just got back had gone missing again, for a second time. And although she didn't even know her, over the past few months of her abrupt - and mysterious - return, the two had becom close. The woman gave off that 'Rich badass auntie with a kickass accent'. Seriously, how does she have it? Her sister sounds nothing like her. Eh, she'll learn about her grandparents soon. For now, she has to get her back.

The brown-eyed girl nodded at herself and fixed her hair slightly, before walking up to the door and opening it, to reveal a very antsy and worried Kai. She riased an eyebrow at his expressions, and closed her bedroom door behind her. "What's up, Kai?" She asked, a concerned tone starting to fixate in her own tone and pitch of voice.

The brunette swallowed a thick lump and pulled out his phone, clicked on a few things on the said device and showed Nya with a shaky and trembling hand.

Kai: Dad, why is your phone active at 2am in the morning?

Dad: I was on the phone with the police, they contacted me about the interrigation only a few moments after I got Maya to go to sleep.

Kai: Jeez, is she okay?

Dad: Kai, she's just lost her sister again, after only a few months of her being missing for 18 years. She isn't right now, I woke up to her still awake and upset. So..when you and your sister come around tomorrow, be calm, okay? She's really senstive.

Kai: Sure. Go to sleep dad. Me and Nya will be there arounnd..9?

Dad: Thanks Kai.

Nya read the conversation with her brother and father which occured at the late times of the morning, and felt a genuine pit at the bottom of her stomach as she realised how badly this was affecting her family, and hell, even herself. Sleepless nights weren't knew to her at all, trust me, she's had many of these throughout her entire life, but now it was occuring to those same loved ones.

"Jesus.." Nya breathed out, handing Kai his phone back and sliding down on the wall, feeling her emotions sink in once again. Her brother sat down beside her and put a hand on her shoulder, gently rubbing it to comfort her. "I know sis..I-I know." His voice was trembling under his own stress, feeling extreme pity for his mother.

Nya sighed, stood up and held her hand out for Kai. "C'mon," She muttered. Kai nodded and stood up, pulling himself up as well and walked out to the door with his sister.

"If we're gonna find out, we have to do it now."

~~~

"Maya, wake up Honey." Ray muttered, gently stroking her hair and gently shaking her awake. The woman groaned and flipped over to see her husband waking her up and gently smiling on top of her.

She rubbed her eyes and smiled up back at him weakly, sitting up and giving him a quick kiss. "H-Hey," She mumbled back. "How..How long have you been trying to wake me up for? You're already dressed."

The male looked out the window for a quick second and back at his wife. "Well, you looked upset and exhausted so I kept you asleep until 8. The kids are outside now - so get changed." He explained, making Maya's eyes widen and she jumped out bed to their wardrobe.