Chapter 4

"..Kai?" Nya called putting, knocking on his door and waiting for a response. "I'm home, what did you need to tell me?"

Nya heard footsteps become more and more audible as the door began to open, and then she saw Kai. He looked stressed. His phone was clutched tightly in his hand, his hair was (somehow) even messier than before, and he had that look in his eyes. Like a worried look, something that's you'd see someone who was walking through a dodgy building of where someone died.

"Woah Kai, are you..okay?" Nya asked, obviously worried for her older brother. But, instead of getting an answer that would at least calm her nerves for the time being, he heightened them by just pulling her in and locking the door. He then started pacing around, clutching his phone in both hands and muttering something incoherently under his breath and running fingers through his hair occasionally.

Nya stood up and grabbed his shoulders, turning his around and getting him to face Kai. "Kai. Tell me what's up now." She said sternly, sitting him done on the bed and pulling his phone out of his hands, much to his dismay and distress.

"I-I think I know why mom's so distressed."

He inhaled and exhaled, doing as Nya said. "Nya, do you think you have any ideas of who the woman that was pulled into the water?" He asked, now shaking. Nya raised an eyebrow and slowly shook her head, while trying to think of someone. No one came to mind, except for herself. But she wasn't missing. So..who could it be.

"No." She replied bluntly.

Kai's breathing became slightly heavier. "Y'know, mom and dad aren't answering their phones..the police investigation is private, and our parents down really know wether to trust the public yet..we haven't heard from Dilara in a while..and she loved the sea-"

Nya's face was drained of its colour as she felt herself getting light headed. She swallowed a mouthful of bile and cleared her throat.

This couldn't be real..

It's not real..

No..

No..

Again..?

"N-No." She choked out. She refused to believe that she had gone missing again. "Call mom and dad. Now. Please." Her voice trembled with each word as the weight of the situation had come tumbling back down on her.

Kai nodded and grabbed his phone, calling them for the second time today. He put the said phone of speaker and waited for the answer of his parents who were completely oblivious that their kids know who's missing.

"Hey Kai. Are you okay?"

"Dad. Me and Nya know who's missing."

"I mean, that's strange- w-we don't know either, why-why would you tell us and-"

"It's Dilara isn't it?"

"Look you two, I don't Know if your mother what's me to tell you. She's made herself sick from stress today. I'm not sure if she's want anyone else to get involved."

"Dad please! We can help. I know you don't want to make the investigation public but at least let the team help us find her."

"Look. In the morning, you and Nya can come. We'll explain it fully and We'll consider it."

"O-Okay, thanks dad. We'll-We'll come over at 10."

Kai hung up and sniffled. That's it, she was really missing. Nya looked away too, her own tears burning her eyes.

She gently put her hands over Kai's to snap him out of his depressing-sort-of-daydream. Her thumb stroked his knuckles light in an attempt to calm him down from possibly crying. She wasn't far off either, but she knew that she wasn't suffering the worst; it was both hard. And since their mother has only just got her younger sister back from being missing for almost two decades, she'd be the worst out of the four.