unravelled

the room fell silent. nervousness hung in the air her parents and brother stared at each other knowingly before he sat beside her bed. he held her hand.

"she was fortunate enough to be saved despite the height." he stared worriedly at her eyes and continued.

"she was rushed to the hospital as soon as possible and went through a few surgery. she's okay but she damaged some part of her spinal chord causing her to be paralysed from the hip down. she will have to stick to wheelchairs from now on." he paused and looked at her again.

"i will never ever let her or her family member lay their fingers on you ever again! not even a strand of hair on your head! i will not let that monster hurt you ever again."

her eyes filled with tears as she felt relieved and scared that that girl was not dead. what yuna did was wrong but she did not deserve to die but the suffocating fear that she felt was undeniable after what she went through. however, what her brother told her provided her with reassurance and strength. she believed in her brother. her guardian angel.

taehyung went home that day with his parents discussing the serious matters. he left earlier the other day after receiving a call from his private investigator that he hired after taehee's incident during the camp she had with the school. the incident that almost cost her her life. he should have known that was an omen. that something worst was going to happen.

he arrived in the investigator's office his hands on the file that was handed to him his eyes scanning the information. his hands trembled with anger as he neared the end of the report and he looked at the photos of the culprits. the people who hurt his sister. this is unacceptable.

"shin hojoon, yuna's father, the ceo of the shinE corp, was the last person contacted by these people before it happened." the investigator, lee donghee said. 

"any reasons why he'd do such a thing to someone he didn't even know?" taehyung asked.

"my team suspected that he might do this to get revenge. he was a manager in XXX corps. before he was fired due to the suspicion that he had stolen the company's money through corruption. the court was brought in on the matter but he managed to escape jail after paying off the money that he too from the company. he built his own company with funding from choi joonyoung, the owner of the CJY group. an old friend of his that did not know of his deeds. " taehyung looked down while thinking, racking his brain for any information he had about this. he never heard of this.

"isn't CJY group owned by choi beomgyu's family?" taehyung asked. his anger rose. was beomgyu possibly in on this deed and pretended to be innocent?

"indeed, but we doubt that CJY was in on this plan as they did not have any benefits in doing so. CJY was merely a funding company that took shinE corps. under their wings during its building but they stopped funding them as soon as shinE was able to become an independent company." donghee explained.

taehyung nodded and read through the file again. "what about the other incident? did you managed to find anything?"

donghee nodded. " i believe shin yuna was also influenced by her father as well as her blind love for choi beomgyu."