Chapter 2

"So, kid, what did you wanna talk about?" Ronin asked, locking his door and throwing his keys on the side. "Sit on the couch." He says. Nya nods, and sits herself down, pulling her knees to her chest and swallowing a lump down her throat.

"So.." Ronin started, sitting down, locking his phone and placing it onto the coffee table. "How come you're here? It's like almost twelve am." He asked, looking at the clock to confirm that it was 11:28. "You should be at home."

Nya sighed and bit her lip. Was she really gonna tell Ronin that she literally almost begged Lloyd to kick her out the team because she thought she had no place in it? He wouldn't mind, right? He hasn't seemed them all for a few months, and definitely wasn't expecting Nya to be at his door.

"I-I.." She started, voice trembling. Ronin raised an eyebrow in concern and confusion, squinting his eyes and waiting for Nya to finish her sentence.

"I asked Lloyd to be kicked of the team."

Ronin almost choked in shock, eyes widened and jolting up. "What?!" He yelled-asked, jumping up his seat and sitting right next to Nya. "Why-Why would you- WHAT?!" He yelled out, probably waking up the neighbours. Great, another fine. But that doesn't matter! Someone who he thought as like a daughter, or a decent friend fricking asked her leader to be taken out of the team!

Nya sighed and buried her face into her knees, mumbling something inaudible, and Ronin hummed, confused on what she said. "..Nya, why would wanna get kicked out the team? You're practically the strongest there." He says. Nya gave out a small scoff and laughed her tears away, dropping her hands to her sides and leaving back on the sofa.

"Yeah right." She mumbled. The older man still couldn't believe what the hell she was saying. Even when she was forced to become the water ninja she actually had pride in what she used to do, 'bragging' about how many times that she's had to save the boys. But now it's like she completely forgotten all of that, and is now contradicting Ronin.

"I've never actually done something on my own." She started, wiping her eyes and pulling her hair tie out, letting the soft locks fall past her shoulders. "Garmadon's first defeat, The Great Devourer, Kai saving me from the skeletons, Zane's first and second sacrifice, Lloyd kicking Garmadon's ass again, Jay defeating Unagami and Nadakhan.." She trailed off, her trembling voice making its way back to her emotions, choking on another sob.

"While I just destroyed the cursed realm, killed people, and even Lloyd's real dad himself." Nya cried, ruffling with her hair gently and pulling her legs closer to her face, grumbling a few words which were again muffled by her clothing. Tears ran down her cheeks like rainfall, soaking Ronin's sofa and her sleeves of her jacket.

Mentioned man sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder, rubbing the body part gently in a comforting manner, hoping to soothe the girl that acted like a daughter to him. (Yes I tm that) "Why on Earth would you say that?" He asked. "You've Done a lot on your own."

"B-But no one's ever noticed it." She responded, a sad-angry tone in her trembling voice as she furrowed her brows, squinted her eyes and looked at the male uncertainty. She slumped down on the sofa. "All my life I've been unnoticed, unwanted and thrown to the sides." She exhaled, starting off a most likely long conversation. Ronin nodded, silently urging Nya to carry on.

"But-But when I was given the, uh..'quote on quote' chance, well more like order to be 'The Water Ninja', I decided to reject it. I didn't want to become that. I hated it. I thought that if I did, I was gonna be labelled again. Just like when I was Samurai X.

Before people even knew my identity they thought I was boy, assuming that younger girls were incapable of doing that. It pissed my off to high hell. And, when I had to come clean on my first ever date with Jay, I was still called the 'girl', or the 'little girl'.