Chapter 26

Emma's P.O.V.

"I feel like I haven't seen you in forever, how are you?" I asked the brunette opposite me who was sipping her tea.

"I'm doing great. I actually.." Belle looked like she was about to say something important, so I cocked my head. "I wanted to propose to Ruby tonight," she confessed and I squealed.

"Belle! That's great!" I exclaimed and grabbed her hand. "How are you gonna do it?"

She bit her lower lip. "I actually just wanted to do it casual. I wanted to plan an evening walk and do it then."

"That sounds amazing, Belle."

She smiled and stood up before she went to her jacket to grabbed a red box from the pocket. When she returned, she opened it and a beautiful ring appeared.

"It's beautiful!" I said ecstatically as the woman sat down.

"I really hope she likes it." We both stare at the silver band for a moment, before Belle looked up at the clock and gasped. "Oh, crap. I have merengues in the oven and I totally forgot. I gotta go!"

Before I could say another word, Belle jumped off her chair and kissed my cheek. "Bye, Emma."

The door slammed shut once she'd left my apartment and I looked astonished at the empty room. Belle never forgot things like sweets in the oven, but I figured it had something to do with the stress of the upcoming evening.

I dropped my gaze and noticed the red box on the table. She'd forgotten her ring and when I looked up again, I saw that her jacket was still hanging on my coat rack as well.

I quickly sent her a text message, saying she could come pick up her stuff, when I heard a knock on the door.

"Hey." Regina stood in the door opening with a broad smile upon her lips. "How are you?"

I swallowed. The morning with Belle had been quite calming and distracting, but now that I saw Regina, all my nerves returned.

"Great. Great, great, great. Couldn't be better," I responded and Regina wrapped her arms around my waist before she pecked my lips.

"It's going to be fine. I promise."

Regina and I had decided that today would be the perfect day to introduce me. We'd been officially together for three months now and it seemed like a great time.

But as the moment got closer, I got more and more nervous. What if the children hated me? What if they were going to think I broke up their family? What if we just didn't get along now that I was with their mom.

"I've already told them about us last week, like we discussed. And so far, they took it okay."

"Just "okay?" Regina, what if they hate me?" I questioned worried.

We were still standing in the doorway, so I pulled her inside my apartment.

"You've met them already and they liked you. Emma, if you don't want to come today, you don't have to of course. But in whatever way they respond, we'll work it out."

I inhaled deeply and gave her a nod. "I know. I'm ready. Let me just get my shoes."

Regina chuckled softly and released me. "We don't have to hurry, Robin is not dropping them off for another hour."

I walked over to my bed where I'd put my shoes as I'd been too lazy to bring them to the hallway, the previous day, and looked at Regina, who I could perfectly see from my bedroom.

"Well, then maybe we have time for a cup of tea before we go, to still the nerves."

When I was done putting on my shoes, I heard Regina gasp. I walked over in confusion to the brunette woman, who looked with wide eyes at me.