Chapter 8

Regina's P.O.V.

I looked at my clock once again. They were late. They were always late and I didn't want to know the reason why.

Of course, I noticed how they hated it here. I knew that they thought I'd ruined their entire life and our family, but what could I do? Tell them their father was a pervert who slept with over twenty women during our marriage?

He never pushed the children either. The man always tried to be as late as possible, because for some reason he thought I deserved it. He thought I deserved to be withheld from my children, even though he was the big screw up.

I didn't know why he thought that. The custody battle hadn't been easy and eventually there had been an agreement that I'd get the children Saturday through Wednesday and he'd get them Wednesday through Saturday morning. And once a two weeks he'd get them the entire weekend.

The kids were too young to have a say in it themselves and I knew they'd rather spent all their weekends and weeks with dear papa, because he spoiled the children like crazy.

I was the stable one, the one who didn't give them unlimited candy, the one who said they couldn't game more than an hour per day, the one who actually cared about them and didn't just want them around to bug my ex.

Finally, the doorbell rang, interrupting all of my thoughts. I stood up, smoothed my skirt and walked to the front door.

I opened the door and smiled at my kids as they held their small bags. They didn't bother to say hello, and immediately ran upstairs to their rooms.

Their dad always dropped them off at the front door, because he couldn't help, but hold a small conversation with me every time.

"So.." he started and I shoved my hands in my pockets.

"You were late," I stated and tried to hide my frustration. How had I ever loved this man?

"Yeah, but-"

"No "buts", Robin. You're always late. Every single damn time. Why do I have to keep telling you that?"

"Because Roland ran away," Robin said and I gasped softly.

"What?"

"Apparently, this kid Billy, that he calls his friend, told him there were ghosts in the old factory by the docks. Of course, Roland wanted to see that for himself, so they climbed over the fence."

I pursed my lips together and sighed softly, because I knew that Robin hadn't done anything about this. He'd probably just asked the boy what had happened and once Roland was finished, he'd probably handed him some candy, saying that he had done everything right.

That was how it usually went and then I was the bad guy for telling Roland what he did was wrong and have a serious conversation with him.

The old factory was told to be Storybrooke's dangerous area. Old gas leaks and chemical products that weren't cleaned up yet. It was surrounded by a high fence and I couldn't believe my son had been there.

"And let me guess, you let this slip through the fingers as well?" I said sternly and the man swallowed.

"Baby-"

"Don't call me that." I felt my anger rising. He clenched his jaw and I stepped forward. "You lost that right when you had to share the bed with that one bitch "one last time"."

I straightened my posture and relaxed slightly as I stepped back. He cleared his throat and briefly pursed his lips together.

"The sheriff dropped him off. Of course, I talked with him."