Chapter 22: come get some; move it or die

Atisse followed Brian outside the room. Vandana found a picture frame of Atisse being Guildmaster of the year.

"Ever since you were little, I'd always wondered what your future will become. I would think if you ever would continue loving me or not, I would think if you ever forget me, I would think where would I be without you, I would think of something a parent should never bring themselves down with a child." Brian scratched the back of his head "fuck, I'm not good at making speeches. what I'm trying to say is....come give your dad a hug."

Father and Son, reunited after being a roughly 80 years away from each other. At the age of '86', this poor weak boy, wept bitter, hot tears of rejoice, bawling as a 5 year old would do.

"PAPAAAAAAA!!!"

"Daddy's home!"

"Daddy~ is home~!"

"This old fart of yours is back!"

"Daddy's home!"

"Daddy's home!"

"Where's daddy? Right here!"

"Daddy's home!"

"Daddy is back!"

"Your father returned!"

"Daddy's home!"

"........"

Brian had a hand on the child's head...

"....Daddy's home...."

_______

Brian and Atisse climbed aboard the special elevator with the guidance of the Bureau's director.

"I wished to speak to you in a more relaxing environment, but... I'm sure this is what you want, yes?"

Vandana nodded his head to say yes. The elevator finally opened its door on the 24th basement floor. The staff members waiting for their arrival greeted the four guests to this floor. They must've been soldiers originally, judging from the dignified manner of their salutes. The director nodded his head to greet them back and continued to guide Brian further in. When the door with several layers of strict security finally opened up, a chilling breeze brushed past his cheeks. Although faint, Atisse could feel magical energy infused in the air. There was no need to even wonder just who this magic energy belonged to. Eventually, their steps came to a halt in front of the truly massive open dome brightly illuminated by countless spotlights overhead. And there it was, the remains of Kamish. The body was perfectly preserved as it were - exactly as it was from that day it managed to kill several hundreds of elite Hunters before also getting killed off by the World's Strongest Hunter. The director proudly explained where all the energy used to preserve Kamish's remains came from.

"Did I say you can speak?" Brian questioned

"No, sir. I'm sorry, sir." The deputy deeply bowed

"Get to a safe distance. Atisse, stay with me."

The crowd retreated to a far away distance. In the meantime, he extended his hands out towards Kamish. And then, he quietly spoke up...

"Arise."

As if it was waiting for that, a message popped up in his view along with a 'Ting!'

Shadow Extraction has failed

Two more attempts remaining