Chapter 16: I'll help you out

[Citizens cowering in fear at the super-large Gate appearing before the Tempe's area....]

[The Hunter's Association, still deliberating on the raid permit.]

[Will the Disciples Order Guild give up on the raid of Tempe's Gate?]

[Will the nightmare of Jeju Island and Hawaii repeat itself?]

Vandana picked one out of the many online news articles and then, played the video clip embedded in it.
The video footage, obviously taken by a civilian, contained the crowd's scared voices as its BGM. But, that was understandable, the Gate in the video was just nonsensically too large. It was taller than a ten-story building, even. This particular Gate was so big that it managed to terrify even those citizens who were now pretty much numbed by the smaller Gates popping up almost everywhere without warning these days.

"The size of a Gate and its ranking don't always line up, but..." Charlotte ended the video playback and further explained herself "As befitting its nonsensical size, it's also apparently busy dumping out a massive amount of magic energy as well."

Vandana's eyes began gleaming from this rather interesting piece of news.

"Is it a S-Rank?"

"We've been told that it hasn't reached the rank of 'unable to measure', but just below the threshold, apparently. It's supposed to be the largest Gate to ever appear in Arizona."

Meaning, although it was nominally a A-Rank, it was far closer to being a S-Rank, instead.

Time to earn some Experience Points ~(Brian)

In contrary to his heart quietly gearing up to pump even faster, Emerick's voice sounded quite bitter as she carried on.

"The Hunter Association provided us a Raid Permit. Since you're an S-Rank..." Charlotte spotted Brian preparing himself

He nodded.

"Since I cleared this up, a couple of Hunters from the Disciples Guild will be joining us. Once of them is a S-Rank Healer, the other 4 are A-Rank Rangers." Charlotte announced "be sure to arrive at this location tomorrow morning."

Since Vandana had a new phone for a while, he will receive the message in no time!

"Remember, meet up at this specific time. Arrive late and we'll go ahead without you." Charlotte tells him

"Yes, ma'am!" Was his response

Next day

Sense: 210

Sense: 213

Vandana was stepping outside his apartment. He was kitted out in easy-to-move clothing and a pair of sneakers. He looked at his watch, and it said one minute before eleven AM. He raised his head up to see an overcast, gloomy sky.

Juliana, you better have taken an umbrella! ~(Brian)

Such thoughts only lasted for a short while. Brian pulled up the hood to hide his face as a smile crept up on his lips. First of all, he activated 'Stealth', and then...