Chapter 18: The Architect

The victory can be seen as a miracle. The great war planned by the Monarchs and the lives of those lost were revived by someone. There were no deaths according to the Association. This has brought an end to an era of the Monarchs, and the one who dealt with them is considered a hero. However, his victory wasn't celebrated without a single shout of joy.......it had fallen in silent.

"BRRIAAAAAAAANNNNN!!!"

Isabella held his body. Vandana has finished what he was destined to. Now it's time for him to finally rest....

Days Earlier

Vandana stood still and focused his hearing on the pulsing beat of his heart while waiting out the remaining minute. He didn't even need his watch, either. The biological clock within him, honed to the extreme, was more accurate than any time measuring device known to man in this world.

3...2...1 ~(Brian)

Bian raised his head and glared at the Gate. An eerie aura so sickening that it gave him goosebumps, was slowly oozing out from the Gate. His outfit started materializing, and he went straight in inside the gate. Hoping to bring those Hunters back in one piece.

You have entered a Dungeon

He quickly located various corpses of monsters with their magic crystals removed, discarded here and there on the dungeon's floor. The thing was, there wasn't that much loot to find in lower ranked dungeons. Which was quite different from higher ranked ones, where the remains of the monsters alone would fetch quite a sum of money. The only real source of income found within low ranked dungeons was the magic crystals. And this scene was a rather familiar sight to him. Brian focused his sensing and couldn't locate the raiders of this dungeon. He quietly studied the interior of the dungeon, before a certain sense of deja vu hit him. Indeed, this place seemed familiar for some reason.

This is the double dungeon!! ~(Brian)

Brian initially thought that they were involved in a battle or were all dead, but thankfully that wasn't it. When he got close enough, he could hear their voices.

"You wanna go back when we came this far??"

When Vandana stopped not too far from them, he heard some words that sounded oddly familiar and let a wry chuckle leak out of his mouth. What a relief it was, though. It seemed that these people hadn't stepped foot inside yet. If they did, then they wouldn't even have enough time to waste their breaths on useless banter like this. He heard a woman's voice next...

"So, what do you want to do, then? The door didn't budge even when we poured magic on it."

"Wouldn't it be better to go back outside and get the cooperation of a larger Guild?"

"Yeah, I think that might be for the better."

These people were busy arguing back and forth in front of the door that would not open regardless of their efforts. Vandana could understand where they were coming from. After discovering that this was actually a double dungeon, they must've been dreaming of getting their hands on an untold amount of wealth. Meaning, they would never choose to go back empty-handed after walking non-stop for nearly one hour.
However, here was the surviving witness from that time. Brian could confidently say the truth out aloud without any reservation...