69. In reality.

Quickly slamming the bathroom door behind her, Tash snapped the lock shut. Bracing her back on the door, she felt every time Pep's fist hit the wood. Tash felt frightened, she wasn't thinking clearly and her next move was unclear.

Pep rested her forehead against the bathroom door, she realized that banging on the door was doing more harm than good. Hot tears streaming down her face, for the first time Pep actually felt remorse and guilt. In the past, Pep wouldn't have opened up to Tash but here she stood, eyes a bloodshot red, and vulnerable; she couldn't understand why Tash would run from her when she thought she loved her. 

"Why did you run?" Tash could hear that Pep was crying, she couldn't answer.

"Didn't you know? You thought I was innocent, Tasheka? You thought the guns were just for show? The bodyguards??" Pep screamed and kicked the door.

Moving away from the door Pep stormed to the coffee table kicking the lilac vase, watching as it shattered after hitting the floor, "WHAT DO YOU THINK I DO?"  Pep continued to storm the hotel room, trashing everything she could get her hands and feet on.

"THOSE FUCKING EXPENSIVE CLOTHES THAT YOU WEAR! YOUR PHONE, CAR, CREDIT CARDS, AND THIS FUCKING HOTEL! DO YOU THINK I PULL THIS SHIT FROM MY ASS!?" Pep found Tash's phone and threw it at the wall watching as the parts flew to different areas of the room.

"I THOUGHT THAT SHIT TURNED YOU ON WHEN BAD MAN A FUCK YUH!!" Pep pulled her gun from the holster on her hip and turned the safety off. "But when a reality check comes along, you're scared." 

"You need to get out of that bathroom."Pep took deep breaths trying to calm her breathing. 

Tash had her head between her knees listening to Pep's rage, her heart was in her throat and her eyes burnt from crying. She wished she was anywhere but here but she dug her grave and knew there was nothing she could do other than lie in it now.

"NOW," Pep cocked the hammer of the gun back. 

Tash quickly crawled from the door and stood up, she unlocked the door and stepped out with her hands raised in a defensive position in front of her face. Slowly, she took calculated steps entering the room and stood a few feet away from Pep.

"Didn't you know?" Pep asked with the gun pointing at Tash.

Tash didn't answer, her throat was filled with crocodile tears, loud unattractive crying, all she could think about was Rayuga and how it was now her time to die. 

"Answer me," Pep's voice was calm, forgetting that she was raging just a few minutes ago. 

Tash still didn't answer, she stood there crying, and this annoyed Pep. She hated how one of the strongest persons she knew could reduce to nothing, she never understood why Tash never stood up to her but was always the first to defend her despite having bodyguards. Pep sighed and lowered her gun, clicking the safety back on, she returned the gun back to the holster. 

Pep walked over to Tash and pulled her to her chest, "I'm sorry I got mad." Pep rocked Tash back and forth while rubbing her neck. 

Tash cried even harder into Pep's chest, soaking her sports bra with her tears. Tash knew exactly what Pep was capable of, she knew never to get in her way when she was angry and that defending herself would only prolong the torture. Tash never stopped being scared of Pep, she just learned to push everything to the back of her mind, thinking she could escape reality but then situations like this weren't rare; Tash would try to run and Pep would breakdown. Tash knew she could always defend herself but whenever she tries she ends up in more pain and agony.